Cork Footballers

If that's your idea of straightforward fair play, I'd like to see what you consider convoluted
What counts is the number of provincial finalists that are lower in the league than us..if we lose to Kerry.. one in Munster for certain..probably Clare..high chance of one in Leinster as the standard is so bad..unlikely in Connacht and Ulster but not unheard of..if 3 out of 4 happens are we out?

Actually situation is the same anyway whether beaten by Limerick/Kerry..you don’t make a provincial final and your league position matters..either way won’t be making Killarney plans until after the Limerick match if at all

True…try not to fall into that trap but there I did..distracted by the permutations
My apologies for calling you out on it @Norrback. It took everything we had to get over them in the Pairc two years ago. Imagine you are a Limerick footballer - the Limerick hurlers get all the attention - you're a fully committed guy and you have a chance to take Cork down, and especially motivating given all the chat about the supposed Cork-Kerry match in Killarney. Limerick footballers have my massive respect - we have to beat these guys.

Actually situation is the same anyway whether beaten by Limerick/Kerry..you don’t make a provincial final and your league position matters..either way won’t be making Killarney plans until after the Limerick match if at all
No it's not the same actually. If Limerick beat us, then they earn a chance to beat Kerry - if they do then the chances of us getting bumped to Tailteann increase dramatically. We have to send these guys to the Tailteann.

What counts is the number of provincial finalists that are lower in the league than us..if we lose to Kerry.. one in Munster for certain..probably Clare..high chance of one in Leinster as the standard is so bad..unlikely in Connacht and Ulster but not unheard of..if 3 out of 4 happens are we out?
We are currently 13th given Meath automatically qualify. For us to be knocked out apart from Limerick beating both us and Kerry is Sligo or Leitrim to beat Galway. Galway not going great but surely would beat either of those.

My apologies for calling you out on it @Norrback. It took everything we had to get over them in the Pairc two years ago. Imagine you are a Limerick footballer - the Limerick hurlers get all the attention - you're a fully committed guy and you have a chance to take Cork down, and especially motivating given all the chat about the supposed Cork-Kerry match in Killarney. Limerick footballers have my massive respect - we have to beat these guys.

No it's not the same actually. If Limerick beat us, then they earn a chance to beat Kerry - if they do then the chances of us getting bumped to Tailteann increase dramatically. We have to send these guys to the Tailteann.
I don't see how the chances of Cork being consigned to the Tailteann increase dramatically if Limerick win. Surely they would increase only marginally, since in that scenario Kerry would be overwhelming favourites to beat them? Everything else which is relevant (Cork's league position, results from other provinces) would be exactly the same.

Obviously it would be an enormous blow for Cork to lose to Limerick, far worse imo than losing in Ennis last year. I would be pretty confident it won't happen.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Listen To The Birds: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼