Cork Footballers

Agree 100% with everything you say MidCork...lots of lads on this forum only wanting negativity and wanting Cork to fail so they can come on here and tear into them...talking about Div 1 / Div 2 standards..Dublin and Derry both in Div 2 last year are the top 2 in Div 1 this year. Seen alot of Div 1 "football" this year and bar the two mentioned above and our neighbours the rest are different shades of puke football. Come championship we'd seriously rattle any of the likes of Mayo, Roscommon, Galway, Monaghan and we'll give Kerry a good run for their money...because for all their hype the two Clifford's are by far and away their best players and their defence is as watery as our own...so I for one was at the game yesterday and when we play like we did in the 2nd half we'd be a match for any team in the country
Haven't won a Munster final since 2012.
Haven't made even the semi of the AI since the same year.

How many years until its ok to feel like Cork footballers are under performing?

Haven't won a Munster final since 2012.
Haven't made even the semi of the AI since the same year.

How many years until its ok to feel like Cork footballers are under performing?
Re "How many years until its ok to feel like Cork footballers are under performing"

Well the GAA is 139 years old dude or dudette so your point really is a silly one.

Cork football goes in waves thats the way it always had been and the way it most likely will be.

If all the Jim Gavins and Jim McGuinnesses on this board want to see a change go down and train your local U12 or U14 instead of always venting complete and utter negativity regarding the County team because you didnt get a trial for the U16 squad 20 years ago even though your mother thought you were the greatest thing since slice pan.

Your ponts dont stack up at all:
Miles off division 1 teams?
Beat Mayo division 1 champions in the championship.

Beat Roscommon Division 1 team in thr championship.
Ran the All Ireland champions 2022 Kerry to 4 points in championship.
Ran 2023 all ireland champions Dublin to a few points in the league

Lack of top class underage talent?
Look at what we have won underage plenty underage talent there.

Your ponts dont stack up at all:
Miles off division 1 teams?
Beat Mayo division 1 champions in the championship.

Beat Roscommon Division 1 team in thr championship.
Ran the All Ireland champions 2022 Kerry to 4 points in championship.
Ran 2023 all ireland champions Dublin to a few points in the league

Lack of top class underage talent?
Look at what we have won underage plenty underage talent there.
The Points Posted do stack Up.

Reality check needed here I fear.

Kildare to all intents and purposes are a Division 3 side now. Beating them is no great achievement. Conceding so much to them is however concerning.

Cork are miles behind the teams in Division 1 from what I've seen.

Staving off relegation to Division 3 is a long way from the expectations at the beginning of the year when promotion to Division 1 was mooted. From that perspective Cork have fallen a long way back.

The lack of top class young talent making their way on to the team doesn't offer much hope for the immediate future either despite recent underage success.

I can't see Cork making any real impact in Championship and don't see any obvious signs of a route back to the top table in the short to medium time.

Sorry for the negativity.

Based on our league performance this year cork Football has regressed .
1. Kildare are in fact going to be a Div 3 team
2. Last tear we beat Kildare by 13 Points - This year by 3.
3. This year we beat Fermanagh (a div 3 team last year & looking likely to be relegated back to Div 3 again this year) by 1 point.
4. Yes we have "Top Class Underage Talent after coming through" but they are not being given a chance - Blake Murphy after laving the squad, David Buckley sitting on the Bench just to mention 2.

Dublin and Derry were both in division 2 last year. Donegal wont be far off this year and they are divison 2. Mayo won divison 1 last year and fell on their holes to us of all teams. Yer buying into this big media hype of the league away too much lads get a grip.

Ye dont know whats going on in the trainig whos performing well whos not. Half of ye probably havent seen the players ye are calling out to start buzz words surnames. John Cleary has more knowledge of football in his small left toe nail than ye most of ye will ever have. Get a grip.
We may not see what is going on at training and who is performing but I for one have seen what is going on in the games and that is where it counts, not at training.

Are you saying Cork could give Derry or Dublin a game ATM and we saw what Donegal did to us in Ballybofey a few weeks back

Re "How many years until its ok to feel like Cork footballers are under performing"

Well the GAA is 139 years old dude or dudette so your point really is a silly one.

Cork football goes in waves thats the way it always had been and the way it most likely will be.

If all the Jim Gavins and Jim McGuinnesses on this board want to see a change go down and train your local U12 or U14 instead of always venting complete and utter negativity regarding the County team because you didnt get a trial for the U16 squad 20 years ago even though your mother thought you were the greatest thing since slice pan.
Commenting on others negativity when all you can do is to try and throw back insults 👍
Didn't insult you mate, only disagreed with you, but you do you I guess.

Nobody here wants Cork to fail, that's a moronic thing to say.

Agree, it seems to be easier for the odd few to believe that cork are regressing and performing so poorly as people want them to…..the clear evidence is the team, essentially the same as last year has regressed; massive scores conceded, humiliated in Donegal, creeping over the line vs a team just promoted and conceding a cricket score vs a team Kildare who have given up.
No fair observer can look at the team and really say they can or could give Derry or Dublin a game ffs, both teams are miles ahead as are most of the teams in division 1.
It now seems more likely championship 2023 was a flash in the pan as opposed to being the start of an improvement

We may not see what is going on at training and who is performing but I for one have seen what is going on in the games and that is where it counts, not at training.

Are you saying Cork could give Derry or Dublin a game ATM and we saw what Donegal did to us in Ballybofey a few weeks back
To be honest i couldnt care less if they could give them a game in February. Cleary is priming for Championship. I have no doubt they would give them a game in the Summer as they did last Summer.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼