Cork Footballers

I recall Cleary being in the running alright, having been v successful with u21 teams for a number of years until he stepped away in 2013.
Was Cubby in charge when Fionn Fitzgerald equalized in last minute in the drawn game in Killarney 2015 I think, that was fair unlucky in my memory.
Big changing of the guard around then too with u21 s coming in and seniors from 2010 panel stepping away.
The game was evolving too then when Dan retired, not sure it suited his style of play. Good forward for Cork down through the years and still Eire Ogs leading scorer.
Cubby had a more impressive powerpoint preso iirc

On the Luas back to Heuston.

Disappointing performance but we travelled in hope more than expectation.

Have to move the ball forward quicker against mass defence. Too many cheap turnovers.

You cant go almost 20 mins without a score in the first half and ten mins without a score in the 2nd half and win any game.

Shocking response to scoring the goal. Made it easy for Derry who were no great shakes imo.

The animals will eat them with butter

I wouldn't be convinced we've improved. Slow lartargic lateral football with an inability to kick the ball accurately. Played 3 knockout games this year. Lost to Clare beat a poor Roscommon team by a point and well beaten today. Plenty effort fair play but sadly lacking in quality

I wouldn't be convinced we've improved. Slow lartargic lateral football with an inability to kick the ball accurately. Played 3 knockout games this year. Lost to Clare beat a poor Roscommon team by a point and well beaten today. Plenty effort fair play but sadly lacking in quality

With a 5 point deficit Cork had to play for a goal, instead they continued with the lateral hamdpassing and coughed up two soft turnovers.

In truth the goal aside it was pretty comfortable for Derry. Not an impressive side but we made it easy for them.

Six wides in the first half was dogshit.

Maybe it was clearer on TV but they seemed to get the world of cheap frees out?

The way this second match is going, I think making sure you top your group will be the story of the weekend. The group winners were better sides, but the week off has mad massive difference to energy levels and ability to prep. Armagh should never have got caught yesterday either, and were the worst of the four group toppers.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Blades
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

7th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼