Cork Footballers

One thing Cork did all season was carry a huge panel i counted 52 players and all those players including Kevin Flahive were at all the games ...now some might say thats crazy and its a Keith Ricken idea id say he carried up to 40 players at all time when he was u20 Manager as well
I think its a good idea more so the very young panel we have at the moment and these players were playing Club Leauge anyway
This year young talent like Gavin Creedon, Brion Murphy, Darragh Cashman, Alan Walsh, David Buckley, Daniel O Connell, Conor Corbett, Fionn Herlihy, and many more experienced a bit of life at this level.
Hopefully next season we might get Diarmuid Phelan, Niall Hartnett, Mark Keane, the Whites, Michael Hurley , Eanna O Hanlon, Jack Murphy to add to whats there ....its some competition to get into the panel of 34 or 35 players ...
I think good days are close for Cork Football....good management is needed now.

The players are all very same. Hardworking athletes with strong ethics etc. It would be great to have 1 or 2 with a bit of the divil in them. A character that the opposition dont like. Niall Cahalane, Conor Counihan, Dinny Allen, We probably carried Dinny in 1989 but he was so charismatic that it rubbed off (and got Keith Barr sent off ). I suppose the prototype has changed but I just think it is a dimension missing at the moment.

Reading an article on the RTÉ website on the average age of the top hurling sides and how there are no 19,20 year olds like in 2010 but what was the average of the Cork 18 playing Dublin?..

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Coldplace - The World's Leading Coldplay Tribute
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

20th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼