Cork Footballers

Day of a Munster championship match and still Clon keeps coming up, Christ lads would ye ignore it.

Still very possibly in the All Ireland but much bigger issues here naturally, don’t know what to say anymore.

According to RTE, today is only the second time ever that Clare beat Cork in senior championship football. Could that be right?

I was in England in 97.

The Irish centre had cork Clare on the tele until 68 min and then the system crashed.

Cork were cruising. I didn’t think there was a problem. It was Tuesday before I found out they’d lost.

They were in a final 2 years later though.

Day of a Munster championship match and still Clon keeps coming up, Christ lads would ye ignore it.

Still very possibly in the All Ireland but much bigger issues here naturally, don’t know what to say anymore.
This isn’t about Clon by any stretch, it just so happens the best centre back in the county is a Clon man and Cleary in his infinite wisdom opted instead for his far inferior club mate.

I’ve no interest in discussing Clon, there’s more than enough to bitch about with Cork.

A bollocks of statement to be dragging cork hurlers into this. In fairness to them they are competing to a certain extent albeit no where near Limerick and are underachieving. There’s clubs that don’t pay half enough attention to football and clubs that don’t pay half enough attention to hurlinh. Complete bollocks to turn this into a cut off the hurlers back. We’re one county not hurling v football.
not a bollocks of a statement - i replied to a comment stating that we are a hurling county - as if that should be a reason why we are so bad and we should accept the state of football in the county
i simply pointed out to anyone who thinks we should accept that we are bad at football because we are a hurling county, that we are dreadful at hurling considering the player numbers/resources. Limerick have not been the only team to beat the hurlers.
the point of my comment was the co board and clubs are not producing players of the required standard for either code. to say that a county with 261 clubs, a population of 580k and huge playing numbers are so unsuccessful in hurling (a sport only taken seriously by about 7 or 8 counties) is underachieving is an understatement. my intent wasn't having a cut off the hurlers - more the co board and smug hurling posters who can't see how spectacularly the hurlers are underachieving considering their resources

He’s won 2 last time I checked. The best manager we’ve had in Cork since Morgan. Absolutely criminal he has been overlooked for the top job.
Best manager in Cork outside of Billy Morgan is John Fintan Daly. Now that is criminal that he hasn't been given the Cork job. No one in Cork has a cv to match his

Absolutely appalling result. As Trav said, I’m glad no one was associated with this mess.

If I’m Kevin ODonovan I’m getting down on my hands and knees and begging Haulie ONeill to take over this rabble because Cleary hasn’t a notion.

I wouldn’t be holding out much hope, Cork football has been failed by administrators for decades.

Anyone care to explain what exactly Clown-ihan has achieved in his new role? Or what exactly he’s meant to be doing?
You must be the only fox in the world that is thick stupid , I thought foxes were supposed to be cute and smart

Maybe we should just put clon forward to represent our county team… it’s not like they needed a kerry man to drag them through the county championship in ‘21

This isn’t about Clon by any stretch, it just so happens the best centre back in the county is a Clon man and Cleary in his infinite wisdom opted instead for his far inferior club mate.

I’ve no interest in discussing Clon, there’s more than enough to bitch about with Cork.
I’m a long time reader and only new to this posting but I’ve read long enough to realize u only have interest in discussing Clon. According to the posts u have put forward in the last 12 months clon have minimum 12 fellas who should be in the shake up for the starting 15 u seem to have a new gooch awakening every second week below according to the gospel according to clon. Football in cork is obviously in a low place in cork but Clancy who has had his fair share of chances at this level sitting at home on the couch is far from the problem I’ll tell u that.

I’d like nothing more than to see Mark White back with Cork but it’s not gonna happen.

Clancy was willing but management felt it wasn’t worthwhile persisting with him.

I agree Kanturk and Skibb aren’t the bar when it comes to intercounty but I’m not exaggerating when I say multiple people have said he was head and shoulders above every other player, like watching a grown man playing an underage game.

I say this with all my admitted Clon bias aside, it would break your heart as a Cork man to think we could have had Clancy in centre back but instead we had a no hoper like Maguire there.
You do realise Tom Clancy is on the cork football panel he just didn’t make the 26 today, you’re getting thicker by the day fox boy

not a bollocks of a statement - i replied to a comment stating that we are a hurling county - as if that should be a reason why we are so bad and we should accept the state of football in the county
i simply pointed out to anyone who thinks we should accept that we are bad at football because we are a hurling county, that we are dreadful at hurling considering the player numbers/resources. Limerick have not been the only team to beat the hurlers.
the point of my comment was the co board and clubs are not producing players of the required standard for either code. to say that a county with 261 clubs, a population of 580k and huge playing numbers are so unsuccessful in hurling (a sport only taken seriously by about 7 or 8 counties) is underachieving is an understatement. my intent wasn't having a cut off the hurlers - more the co board and smug hurling posters who can't see how spectacularly the hurlers are underachieving considering their resources
You're some tulip.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

His Father's Voice

Coughlan's, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼