Cork Footballers

What do you want dineen to do, they have him on the wing, and he probably covering the most ground out of everyone. We have him doing the donkey work, whereas he should be closer to goals
I still wouldn’t put him closer to goal because he has had no joy there at all at this level. It’s not easy to play in the full forward line for Cork. The ball is too slow coming in so you’re often crowded out and it’s not often good ball either.

You need to be really strong, fast and/or a lethal shooter on the turn to do well there. That’s why Hurley, O’Mahony and Sherlock have done well enough. Dineen is a good link man and he is grafting for the team but he’s also very tidy with the ball. It’s better to have him there on the wing than someone who has no football skill at all but we shouldn’t expect him to be racking up much in terms of scores.

Not sure he is out of the picture with the hurlers tbh.
Expect him to play again but for certain games.
A loss to the footballers for now, but certainly not in the 'couldn't be arsed " group though to be fair I think.
has some credit after 2020
Mark Keane not getting much of a look in with the hurlers..doesn’t suit the game plan according to the experts on this forum..any chance he would jump ship to football?

Watched the Offaly back again ! John Cooper looks a good prospect tough as nails as well ....this win will give the whole setup a huge lift baby steps.
No doubting his attitude, got exposed for pace v Kerry in McGrath Cup on Paudie Clifford, got on the wrong side of him too often, just needs to be clever when defending, very effective on breaks and driving forward

Yes, especially since the current panel is overloaded already with big strong physical footballers.
Daniel O'Mahony and Sean Meehan are prime examples of this type of player and one of them is joint captain but their temporarily unavailable. What is Mark Keane going to do at this late stage in 2022? Where would he play mid-field, wing-forward, or full-forward so Ricken & Co. should drop one of Colm O'Callaghan, Dan O'Duinin, John O'Rourke or Brian Hurley? One of these players is a mainstay in the position and the others are among Corks most improved in the recent league campaign. Selecting players like children in a sweet shop isn't the way to go for Keith and his crew and if it is God Help Cork Football!🙏

If Seamie Harnedy gets injured then I believe we'll see Mark Keane starting for the hurlers, this is part of the reason why Deccie Dalton isn't on the current hurling panel.

Daniel O'Mahony and Sean Meehan are prime examples of this type of player and one of them is joint captain but their temporarily unavailable. What is Mark Keane going to do at this late stage in 2022? Where would he play mid-field, wing-forward, or full-forward so Ricken & Co. should drop one of Colm O'Callaghan, Dan O'Duinin, John O'Rourke or Brian Hurley? One of these players is a mainstay in the position and the others are among Corks most improved in the recent league campaign. Selecting players like children in a sweet shop isn't the way to go for Keith and his crew and if it is God Help Cork Football!🙏

If Seamie Harnedy gets injured then I believe we'll see Mark Keane starting for the hurlers, this is part of the reason why Deccie Dalton isn't on the current hurling panel.
Mark Keane will eventually play football for Cork and he will play midfield. I don’t believe it will be this summer though. He is a physically gifted and imposing athlete whose best sport is football.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼