Cork Developments

The interconnector has been designed to have capacity of 700 MW, equivalent to the power used by 450,000 homes.
Who comes up with this bullshit? That works out at just 1.55 KW per house. The 450,000 houses better not put the kettle on at the same time in the morning...
The average US home uses 900 kWh a month. It's 30 kWh per day or 1.25 kWh per hour.

The average kettle uses more power than a washing machine, thankfully it doesn't need to run for two hours at a time though.

"Ordinary people, workers, exploited by capitalists,"
Ryan already had her man when the lands were sold by the City Council to the I.D.A. for €1.2 million.

"Da landz shuddd be kepptt fer communitee and future howzing develipmint use etc".

Who needs huge investment and jobs etc anyway?

Joe Brolly tweeting about the big investment's in Cork as an example as to how backward Northern Ireland is today.

Over the past few months a good few of smaller jobs announcements also in tech etc.

The average US home uses 900 kWh a month. It's 30 kWh per day or 1.25 kWh per hour.

The average kettle uses more power than a washing machine, thankfully it doesn't need to run for two hours at a time though.
True, but a bit misleading, since no country (that I know of) has sufficient means of storing electricity (such as the Turlough Hill type of scheme).
The peak domestic usage (7am to 9am & 5pm to 7pm roughly) dwarfs the average domestic level of consumption: so if you were depending on this scheme, it would probably serve some 100,000 houses - not the 450,000 claimed.

The other 350,000 houses would have their power cut at peak times. So, I still think the claimed figure of 450,000 houses is very misleading.

Last edited:
I have heard rumours of Merck expanding at Little Island and also investing in the Blarney Industrial Park.

But I don't know how well founded the story is.

Fair dues to Apple for continuing to invest in that shitehole.
I’ve said it before… how lucky we are to have one of the richest most innovative companies to ever exist to have its major overseas base on our doorstep. How easy can it get collectively for us. As a youngster whose parent and adult figures went through the impact of Ford/Verolme/Dunlop … I think collectively we’re very fortunate right now…

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Regan
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

14th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Afro House & Amapiano #18

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼