Cork city has gone to the dogs.

Great point. I live near de pairc and mostly it's grand. The only problem near me I saw was for the Liam Miller testimonial. There are some right snobby nimbys around Blackrock Road.

Was in town for a meal with some work visitors on weds evening, after a lovely meal and quick stroll around town I was headed back to the car park on grand parade with a work colleague from Switzerland when all hell broke loose on Oliver Plunkett St, 2 junkie girls taking lumps out of each other at 8pm on a busy street with families watching.

This shit is now a daily occurrence, I was embarrassed of what our City has become.

Was in town for a meal with some work visitors on weds evening, after a lovely meal and quick stroll around town I was headed back to the car park on grand parade with a work colleague from Switzerland when all hell broke loose on Oliver Plunkett St, 2 junkie girls taking lumps out of each other at 8pm on a busy street with families watching.

This shit is now a daily occurrence, I was embarrassed of what our City has become.
It's very sad.
The dregs on here playing it down are no help.
Apparently, unless it's like 1970s New York we can't complain.
The point these plebs miss is scum keep on pushing the boundaries until we get to the situation we're in now, when the city is incredibly rough.
Open drug dealing.
Public drinking during the day and drunkeness on the streets.
Rampant petty theft.
Shops needing security guards.
In Cork. In 2024.
You need to nip things in the bud early.

It's very sad.
The dregs on here playing it down are no help.
Apparently, unless it's like 1970s New York we can't complain.
The point these plebs miss is scum keep on pushing the boundaries until we get to the situation we're in now, when the city is incredibly rough.
Open drug dealing.
Public drinking during the day and drunkeness on the streets.
Rampant petty theft.
Shops needing security guards.
In Cork. In 2024.
You need to nip things in the bud early.
I generally ignore you because you have nothing even remotely coherent to say, but if you're going to keep repeating a comment I made nearly 12 months ago, at the very least don't misquote me. I never said you can't or shouldn't complain, I was commenting on the hyperbole of people (you in particular) talking about Cork city centre like it's a no go zone.
Calm down, Gramps. I'll call you a cab back to the relative safety of 1974 so you can sup on a 50p pint of Harp and discuss heading to London to work on a building site with your other unemployed pals.

Cork is grand. Are there social problems? Definitely - welcome to urban living. Is it analagous to New York in the 1970s, as the narrative being spun by the middle-aged cranks on this thread would have you beleive? Definitely not.

Screaming into the void / posting stupid shit like that won't make the City safer.

You odious count.

Last edited:
I generally ignore you because you have nothing even remotely coherent to say, but if you're going to keep repeating a comment I made nearly 12 months ago, at the very least don't misquote me. I never said you can't or shouldn't complain, I was commenting on the hyperbole of people (you in particular) talking about Cork city centre like it's a no go zone.
"Nothing even remotely coherent to say" yet you still reply.
It doesn't turn into a no go zone overnight.
It's not even remotely hyperbole to point out how rough this city has gone.
Downplaying it, like dregs like you do, suggests you may be used to seeing people drunk during the day, taking drugs, fighting, yelling, screaming etc.
We're not used to it in the leafy Southside suburbs and we don't want it to be the norm in our once beautiful city.
What the dregs on the Northside get up to in their ghetto is of no concern to me.

"Nothing even remotely coherent to say" yet you still reply.
It doesn't turn into a no go zone overnight.
It's not even remotely hyperbole to point out how rough this city has gone.
Downplaying it, like dregs like you do, suggests you may be used to seeing people drunk during the day, taking drugs, fighting, yelling, screaming etc.
We're not used to it in the leafy Southside suburbs and we don't want it to be the norm in our once beautiful city.
What the dregs on the Northside get up to in their ghetto is of no concern to me.
Why do you assume that everyone who disagrees with your hyperbole is an alcoholic and/or from the Northside?

And we all fall foul of replying to you on occasion, even though you have nothing even remotely coherent to say...

Last edited:
At this stage if I have visitors from outside Cork I’m 50/50 on whether to bring them into the city or not. Some nice places and restaurants etc but what is leaving it down is the scum element everywhere and the maintenance levels that city council deem acceptable!!

This week Cork City is plagued with scumbags all over the place; People bating crap out of each other; Gardai thin on the ground unless it's traffic related. And yet the only politicians getting mentioned are Buttimer who couldn't even get elected, and a couple of SF politicians and candidates.

Truly Orwellian the way the usual PROC suspects try to drive the narrative

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Eoin Jordan & Stan Notte
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Joachim Cooder

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼