Can you do a dummy-solo in rugby?

hmmm , I can see the risk with the dummy hop but I'm surprised nobody ever tries the dummy-solo. Can somebody get on the blower to ROG and tell him to give it a try the next time he plays in Croker.

hmmm , I can see the risk with the dummy hop but I'm surprised nobody ever tries the dummy-solo. Can somebody get on the blower to ROG and tell him to give it a try the next time he plays in Croker.

Two things. First you'd what to be thick to try a dummy-solo during a game of rugby. Secondly ROG couldn't do it even if he wanted to.

Sort of. Dummy drop goals and dummy kicks are not uncommon. I guess dummy chip kicks would be the equivalent, they're not used that much.

A dummy hop would be a silly idea.
Two things. First you'd what to be thick to try a dummy-solo during a game of rugby. Secondly ROG couldn't do it even if he wanted to.
ROG is quite good at dummy kicks. It's his blindingly obvious dummy pass that leads to him getting smacked about by flankers.

Sort of. Dummy drop goals and dummy kicks are not uncommon. I guess dummy chip kicks would be the equivalent, they're not used that much.

A dummy hop would be a silly idea.

ROG is quite good at dummy kicks. It's his blindingly obvious dummy pass that leads to him getting smacked about by flankers.

I've never seen ROG do a dummy solo. I'm taking it to be where he'd drop the ball to hoof it up the line but instead would flick it back up into his hands.

I've never seen ROG do a dummy solo. I'm taking it to be where he'd drop the ball to hoof it up the line but instead would flick it back up into his hands.
That's not a dummy solo, that's a solo.

I've seen him pretend like he's going to go for the drop kick and then make a break for it, sidestepping the defender.

he reguarly does it in defensive situations in the 22.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

12th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

The Days Of Trees (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼