Bus Strikes coming

Maybe the govt. can subsidise certain routes but let's get the business off the state's balance sheet. The company is being run by the unions.

Govt subsidise certain routes - let me guess, routes near Lowry, and Enda, and Howlin ?

FFS man wise up. The fabric of Irish society relies on decent public infrastructure. Otherwise the vast majority would be working for the likes O'Brien and Lowrey on minimum wage while the rich get richer

Maybe the govt. can subsidise certain routes but let's get the business off the state's balance sheet.

As a semi state, is Bus Eireann not already off the Balance sheets? Or is the level of Subvention above the level required for this?

The company is being run by the unions.

Well, yes. But so is half the country. Go figure, people trying to ride the system for everything they can get.

Govt subsidise certain routes - let me guess, routes near Lowry, and Enda, and Howlin ?

FFS man wise up. The fabric of Irish society relies on decent public infrastructure. Otherwise the vast majority would be working for the likes O'Brien and Lowrey on minimum wage while the rich get richer
Open the market up, my man!

It will have competition.
The state's ownership is a liability on the nation due to the unions willingness to hold us to ransom.

Why do you think the unions are "willing" to hold you to ransom?

Have you ever taken part in a strike? Do you know what's involved? Do you know that it is THE last resort available to the workers?

The people who man the service are giving up a days wages to highlight the situation and hopefully get management to negotiate

Dunno Frank. Maybe technically it does not qualify but essentially the unions see it as a gravy train and you and I are supplying the meat.

This "gravy train" of which you speak - care to tell us what is involved?
And by the way, the union is the actual workers involved day to day in the running of the company at the coal face. People who put in the work to build up the service in the first place.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Che-k

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼