BUS BAYS GOING BANG,

So to facilitate a cycle lane which in all liklihood won't be used as it should be, they're going to discommode a whole group of bus users that have been using that area for decades(?). I think the Cobh Bus even has an office on the quay there. As someone living on the southside I never have a problem delivering or collecting people from that quay as it's pretty close to the south link, and given that the vast vast majority of bus trips taken out of this city are to destinations requiring travel on the northside (including where you're now living) it's pretty obvious why busses would choose such a relatively close area to the city center but still on the north side.

Any idea where the new bus bays are going to be sited?
I do not live on the northside :)

Patricks Quay was always a nightmare for drop-offs and pick-ups and with Harley Street pedestrianised and a nice new bridge is was always very busy to get to Bridge St and McCurtain St. Buses facing West to get stuck in traffic and head East made no sense.

If our daft semi-State agencies ever even talked to each other we would have a combined bus and train station like in other countries (Crazy talk I know) on the Lower Glanmire Road open to Bus Eireann and private companies for the benefit of the passengers
An integrated Transit Hub located at the current Railway Station with access from Penrose Quay would appear to be the most appropriate solution. The current Bus Station could be relocated there and then a fully integrated rail and bus public transport system would be a realistic option. The current bus station could be redeveloped as a green area or an arts or cultural asset for the city.

Private and public services should be allowed use existing public funded infrastructure. Imagine if the Airport for example, restricted access to only state owned airlines?

An integrated Transit Hub located at the current Railway Station with access from Penrose Quay would appear to be the most appropriate solution. The current Bus Station could be relocated there and then a fully integrated rail and bus public transport system would be a realistic option. The current bus station could be redeveloped as a green area or an arts or cultural asset for the city.

Private and public services should be allowed use existing public funded infrastructure. Imagine if the Airport for example, restricted access to only state owned airlines?
That sounds like something from a futuristic space-fi movie all to be shot down by the Bus Eireann unions who stopped buses running here in the 2nd city for 5 weeks a few years ago.

Was driving up from Mahon Point direction the other day. Rout 215 double decker in front of me. The driver seemed to have an aversion to using the bus lane at the junction by the CSO and up the skehard rd. Was he on some sort of a protest or just forgot he wasn't driving a private car.

This is the City Council kicking themselves in the foot.
They are now going to disrupt 100's of bus passengers for a few wankers on bikes.
At the end of the day these coaches provide public transport for the public who choose to use them and probably not relying on their cars.

There is from what I can see, capacity available at the front of Parnell Place bus station and the only issue here is the BE Unions will not tolerate it.

That is the issue here folks the unions protecting the dinosaurs.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼