Beach House - Bloom

correct me if i'm wrong but 'the buzz' seemed to die down fairly fast, i wonder how it's actually selling?

they were a big band ..... but in a small scene imo and while journalists and hardcore fans adore them the general populace haven't a clue who they are in the main.

similar to the Las cork gig a few years back, most folk only know one song of theirs and were reluctant to pay 20 euro (or more) for just one song

What's Las short for? Sorry, the motor isn't running well this morning-this afternoon.

mbv still got the obligatory 9.something rating from Pitchfork though ;)

You're probably right Jim. I suppose if they play a gig in Dublin or Belfast, plus being part of the Harmonic thing at the Marquee, with another big indie name, it might sell ok.

Personally I'd love to see Michael Rother on the Harmonic bill. Or Animal Collective.

What's Las short for? Sorry, the motor isn't running well this morning-this afternoon.

mbv still got the obligatory 9.something rating from Pitchfork though ;)

You're probably right Jim. I suppose if they play a gig in Dublin or Belfast, plus being part of the Harmonic thing at the Marquee, with another big indie name, it might sell ok.

Personally I'd love to see Michael Rother on the Harmonic bill. Or Animal Collective.

Playing in Dublin 29th April.

Beach House

announce new album

Once Twice Melody

out 18 February 2022
via Bella Union

The first 4-Song Chapter available
on DSPs from Midnight

On February 18th, 2022, Beach House will release their 8th album titled Once Twice Melody on Bella Union in Ireland.

Once Twice Melody, the first album produced entirely by Beach House, was recorded at Pachyderm studio in Cannon Falls, MN, United Studio in Los Angeles, CA, and Apple Orchard Studios in Baltimore, MD. For the first time, a live string ensemble was used, with arrangements by David Campbell. Once Twice Melody was mostly mixed by Alan Moulder but a few tracks were also mixed by Caesar Edmunds, Trevor Spencer and Dave Fridmann.

Once Twice Melody features 18 tracks, and in the lead up to the physical release, will be presented in 4 chapters with lyric animations for each song. The first 4-song chapter of Once Twice Melody will be available on all DSPs at midnight on November 10th. The entire chapter and song release schedule will be as follows:

Chapter 1 on 10th November 2021
1. Once Twice Melody
2. Superstar
3. Pink Funeral
4. Through Me

Chapter 2 on 8th December 2021
5. Runaway
6. ESP
7. New Romance
8. Over and Over

Chapter 3 on 19th January 2022
9. Sunset