Beach House - Bloom

That's what I would have thought too, particularly, when they are doing Primavera etc.

wouldn't worry about primavera too much but if they were playing, say, dublin and belfast the same week as a cork show then i imagine you'd have less folk travelling though some hardcore fans would go to as many shows as they could afford

equally, if there's no other irish show round the time of a mooted cork show then you'd get a fair few folk travelling from up the country i reckon

Last edited:
I wonder would there be enough demand for two large My Bloody Valentine shows in Ireland?

I might be wrong but i think they've only played one Irish gig in over 20 years. And that was part of a festival. With all the buzz around the release of the new album, I don't see why not.

Don't get me wrong - i'd be over the moon if they played The Marquee, but imagine what they'd sound like in The Opera House? Eargasm stuff.

I might be wrong but i think they've only played one Irish gig in over 20 years. And that was part of a festival. With all the buzz around the release of the new album, I don't see why not.

Don't get me wrong - i'd be over the moon if they played The Marquee, but imagine what they'd sound like in The Opera House? Eargasm stuff.

correct me if i'm wrong but 'the buzz' seemed to die down fairly fast, i wonder how it's actually selling?

they were a big band ..... but in a small scene imo and while journalists and hardcore fans adore them the general populace haven't a clue who they are in the main.

similar to the Las cork gig a few years back, most folk only know one song of theirs and were reluctant to pay 20 euro (or more) for just one song

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

THE TAN JACKETS

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:50pm

More events ▼