Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

Our native forests were stripped a long time ago.
I'm all for reforestation but in a sustainable way.
I'd love to see the island covered in forest apart from our farmland etc
Now it is time to reverse that.

Burning stuff like oil and turf right now is not sustainable as we all know.

No one is even suggesting that we plant native trees on good quality productive farmland.

Now it is time to reverse that.

Burning stuff like oil and turf right now is not sustainable as we all know.

No one is even suggesting that we plant native trees on good quality productive farmland.
The Greens want to rewild Ireland, Scotland wants to re introduce the Wolf, don't think the Farmers would like that here but we could stop Fox hunting.

The regulation covers a range of terrestrial, coastal and freshwater, forest, agricultural and urban ecosystems, including wetlands, grasslands, forests, rivers and lakes, as well as marine ecosystems, including seagrass and sponge and coral beds.

How many of those ecosystems in Ireland need correction? I'd wager not that many, possible exception of bogs.

So what will the Nature Restoration Act be used to justify in Ireland do you think?
No offense but you're clueless about the degraded state of our natural environment.

We're falling down in every single area you could think of.

It's not just farming that's to blame but nitrates which result from our "grass based" dairy system are a huge problem.

Domestic sewage is still being pumped untreated in some areas in to our waters.

Look up the EPA reports and see for yourself.

You need to get over this conspiracy theory that urban liberal elites are out to get farmers, that's a load of bull which is pushed on here by unemployed trolls who desperately crave attention.

No offense but you're clueless about the degraded state of our natural environment.

It's not just farming that's to blame but nitrates which result from our "grass based" dairy system are a huge problem.

You need to get over this conspiracy theory that urban liberal elites are out to get farmers, that's a load of bull which is pushed on here by unemployed trolls who desperately crave attention.
No offence read what else I posted about it.
I asked a question.

Stacky and Thready answered me.

I didn't mention farmers other than to say we should reforest in a sustainable way and not on farmland

nySmlAuPtUb6.gif

No offence read what else I posted about it.
I asked a question.

Stacky and Thready answered me.

I didn't mention farmers other than to say we should reforest in a sustainable way and not on farmland
I'd mostly agree with you, but the thing is, it depends on what you classify as farmland. Like, the upper slopes of our highest mountain ranges have sheep grazing on them and they're not at all suitable for it. The sheep are there for headage payments, not because they are of any real value. Nobody eats mutton, very few eat lamb and Irish wool fetches less than the cost of shearing.

I'd mostly agree with you, but the thing is, it depends on what you classify as farmland. Like, the upper slopes of our highest mountain ranges have sheep grazing on them and they're not at all suitable for it. The sheep are there for headage payments, not because they are of any real value. Nobody eats mutton, very few eat lamb and Irish wool fetches less than the cost of shearing.
Yea I'd agree by and large with that.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tanq & Tunes

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 3pm

More events ▼