Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

Not really. People drive larger (wider, longer) cars because safety regulations have made them larger. People drive higher cars because it's much easier to get small kids in and out and work with child seats etc - let's face it, the vast majority of "SUVs" are family vehicles - there's as reason for that! Note most cars in Europe which are called "SUVs" (especially by eco nutters, but sometimes even by their manufacturer) are actually crossovers and take up a lot less road space than people think - e.g. the biggest selling car in Ireland is the Hyundai Sante Fe and while jealous Greens are foaming at the mouth about it being an 'enormous SUV', it actually takes up the same space as a Ford Focus.
Safety regulations apply to all cars on the road and are not making cars bigger as all cars have to comply as you can readily buy very small cars.
1711554424346.png

Some cities are banning big suv's anyway for taking up too much space and pollution reasons.

1711554314519.png

I have one and use it predominately for towing.
Who here actually needs an SUV and for what reason?
Great post Padraig
Not really. People drive larger (wider, longer) cars because safety regulations have made them larger. People drive higher cars because it's much easier to get small kids in and out and work with child seats etc - let's face it, the vast majority of "SUVs" are family vehicles - there's as reason for that! Note most cars in Europe which are called "SUVs" (especially by eco nutters, but sometimes even by their manufacturer) are actually crossovers and take up a lot less road space than people think - e.g. the biggest selling car in Ireland is the Hyundai Sante Fe and while jealous Greens are foaming at the mouth about it being an 'enormous SUV', it actually takes up the same space as a Ford Focus.

Safety regulations apply to all cars on the road and are not making cars bigger as all cars have to comply as you can readily buy very small cars.
View attachment 31257

Some cities are banning big suv's anyway for taking up too much space and pollution reasons.

View attachment 31256
Yes, and today's "very small" cars are much bigger than the "very small" cars of the 70s/80s. Also, have you tried to get three child seats into the back of i10 in a compliant manner? There's €100 in it for you if you can! My parents had five kids in the back of a Renault - can't do that now.

Simple fact of the matter is that once a couple has two kids, a seven seater is almost a necessity - two adults in front, two kids in the middle row, plus space for friends/cousins/bringing other kids to sports etc. I suspect however that accommodating kids in cars (and how much easier height makes this) is something unknown to many cyclist/Green types due to low sperm count coz of a saddle squashing their balls.

The Paris vote was a farce - and also applies to all cars, not just SUVs despite the rampant disinformation.

I saw a Ford Ranger today in a normal sized car park, it took up two parking spaces, he had parked at an angle, are we to reconfigure all car parks now to accommodate these oversized vehicles?

Another point about these larger and heavier SUV type vehicles is that they make the roads more dangerous for all non SUV driving road users, just imagine a Ford pickup truck crashing into Toyota Yaris or similar, we all know who would come off worse in such a collision.

You could manage with 2 kids in a normal sized car, it's not a given that you will be hauling other folks kids around the place.

I certainly wouldn't be doing that anyway.

Just imagine a bus or truck crashing in to a
Yaris.

Another point about these larger and heavier SUV type vehicles is that they make the roads more dangerous for all non SUV driving road users, just imagine a Ford pickup truck crashing into Toyota Yaris or similar, we all know who would come off worse in such a collision.

I'm on PROC so I'm automatically a weirdo.

How do you know I drive a Tesla? I don't recall mentioning that here. You being a creepy snooping doxxer?

So you do drive a Tesla?
A Model 3.

You have been found out mate.
Banging on about the Greens to maintain some street cred among the inbred fools here, but in real life, you are one of the people you pretend to hate.

That says a lot about you, mate. :D

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Listen To The Birds: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼