Anyone here at U2 in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in 1987?

according to urban legend everyone in the city was at that, and at nirvana in henrys too.

i was 11, remember it being on but i didnt get to go, lark by the lee wasnt it.

storysham said:
according to urban legend everyone in the city was at that, and at nirvana in henrys too.

i was 11, remember it being on but i didnt get to go, lark by the lee wasnt it.

Lark by the Lee was the one where they showed up as a surprise wasn't it?

The Pairc gig was scheduled.

Try the music forum JohnD. There should definitely be a few who were at it.

I thought Michael Jackson was there in 87 and U2 in 88?

I wasn't at either, but where I lived, you could always hear things going on down the páirc. It was great. I remember being out the back, dancing to Wacko Jacko!

trasnanadtonnta said:
I thought Michael Jackson was there in 87 and U2 in 88?

I wasn't at either, but where I lived, you could always hear things going on down the páirc. It was great. I remember being out the back, dancing to Wacko Jacko!
Think it was the other way around. Was at both of them. U2 was nuts but then again I'd never saw anything like it.
Think prince was on the year after both of them. Used to be a huge fan till I saw the little prick live. What a wanker.

I was at U2 at the pairc in '87(The Joshua Tree Tour). The 8th of August if I remember correctly with support from UB40 and The Dubliners.

Was at Jackson in '88 and Prince in 1990. Also saw U2 in The Point on the 27th December 1989 (Lovetown Tour) and again in the pairc in 1993 (Zoo TV).

Last edited:
mr m said:
Think it was the other way around. Was at both of them. U2 was nuts but then again I'd never saw anything like it.
Think prince was on the year after both of them. Used to be a huge fan till I saw the little prick live. What a wanker.

You could well be right.

I remember ferocious hype for both of them. With Jackson, it was more hype on the radio and what have you, whereas with U2, it's more that I remember noticing that all the biggies were all excited about it.

trasnanadtonnta said:
You could well be right.

I remember ferocious hype for both of them. With Jackson, it was more hype on the radio and what have you, whereas with U2, it's more that I remember noticing that all the biggies were all excited about it.
Seems so long ago now. I supose it is. Went with my sesters and got collected by our aunt afterwards. Far from rock n roll. Innocent days.
Nothing of that size happening over the last few years. Mustn't be viable for whatever reasons.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼