Anyone here at U2 in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in 1987?

It was called 'The Lark In The Pairc' pre Lee Fields days. There was a concert on the following night too but I can't remember who it was.

The following year Chris deBurgh was the surprise guest at the Lark By The Lee on the Lee Fields!

(The U2 '87 gig that is)

Michael Jackson was incredible as far as I can remember. He still had some credibility then.
Just googled and prince was in 1990. Used to be a monster fan of that vertically challenged weirdo till his alleged performance in the park. Played for less than an hour and got pissed off with the crowd singing ole ole. He pretty much peaked in the 80's as well.

trasnanadtonnta said:
My dad considered taking me to Michael Jackson, but it was too dear. (Like everything else in the stupid 80s. Booo!)

Imagine how you'd have to pay to see the freak now.

The U2 concert was 10.50 - pounds at the time like!

Definately '87 - I always thought that was the same gig?
Jackson in '88 and Prince in '90.

My Dad's company used to build the stages and I still have all the lamenets!

I also remember being taken for a walk down by Páirc Uí Chaoimh when Siamsa was on and there used by tents everywhere and I was amazed. I wanted to get a tent and stay the night myself. Even then I was destined to be a festival addict!

Source said:
Definately '87 - I always thought that was the same gig?
Jackson in '88 and Prince in '90.

no, the lark was on the lee fields

the u2 appearance was supposed to be 'secret' but everyone knew about a weke or more in advance.

I first saw U2 in the City Hall 1982 ....... about 10/20 hung around at the stage after the gig. The guys signed autographs....pity I didnt get one at the time...... but I did share a few slugs from a cheap bottle of champagne with Bono...........Clayton told me to 'get fucked' when I asked for his hat...lol my claim to fame......

I was at the U2 concert. It was 87. 8th of august.Saturday.The Edges birthday and the last night of the Joshua Tree tour.
Still have the ticket...No 813184
£14(including 50p booking fee)
Gates at 4pm, Concert at 5pm. There were 3 support acts. I don't remember the first.May have been the quo...
Still have some photos too.
They are crap ones. Not even close to the quality of your average mobile phone photo of today...

Not a bad first concert.
I remember the sea of flying plastic bottles before U2 came on(to John Lennon singing stand by me on the PA), and it was the first time I had a girl on me shoulders.(that was the closest my face had been to a girls bits up to then).

U2 went downhill after that though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼