Anyone here at U2 in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in 1987?

U2 August 8th 1987 fxxking incredible.traveled down from dublin by coach, the trip home was the worst journey of my life.but the gig was amazing.id a priest from cork in my taxi recently & he explained that a crush had developed outside just b4 u were coming on at 830pm & the gates were opened to releave the pressure.all theses yrs later this explains why it was scary tight up front

A friend had U2s main roadie come into his restaurant to eat and when questioned he told him what was about to happen. We turned up and there was a small crowd there, U2 came on and the radio stations picked up on it, within minutes it was swamped.
It was electric.
Seen them in the opera house and the Arc. Can’t remember who they shared the bill with in the opera house. Think some freaky folk dude who’s name eludes me. Loads of freaky students there. The arc was a real start for them. Super days and some fantastic shows in the arc.

Seen them in the opera house and the Arc. Can’t remember who they shared the bill with in the opera house. Think some freaky folk dude who’s name eludes me. Loads of freaky students there. The arc was a real start for them. Super days and some fantastic shows in the arc.
I’ve got it, Freddie white and the bogey boys at the opera house gig

Think I preferred the roller disco in there back then 😁

I was at the pairc gig. Cycled into town on my 5 speed bike at 3 in the morning to queue tickets. There was a hatch where they were being sold from, just off Paul St I think.

I remember us all thinking Something Happens was going to be the support act, but it was Subterranean.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths

The White Horse, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼