Anyone here at U2 in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in 1987?

87 U2 and it was UB40 . Jackson 88 was Kim Wilde and I have to agree with many Prince was absolutely shiite. He actually asked the crowd singing Ole Ole Ole if they wanted to hear him sing or them .
Jackson was unbelievable brilliant at the time .
I was young going to all these with my brother and sister whom are older but U2 were outstanding and so was Jackson
Prince just awful.

Seen them in the opera house and the Arc. Can’t remember who they shared the bill with in the opera house. Think some freaky folk dude who’s name eludes me. Loads of freaky students there. The arc was a real start for them. Super days and some fantastic shows in the arc.

At one of their Arc appearances, they were the third on the bill. The Only Ones (lead), The Moondogs (support), U2 (second support).

At one of their Arc appearances, they were the third on the bill. The Only Ones (lead), The Moondogs (support), U2 (second support).
I was at that gig. Great days in the arc. Who was the famous bouncer down there at that time?
I seen Clapton, simple minds , quo, Ian Dury and the blockheads in the city hall around that time too. All special gigs

87 U2 and it was UB40 . Jackson 88 was Kim Wilde and I have to agree with many Prince was absolutely shiite. He actually asked the crowd singing Ole Ole Ole if they wanted to hear him sing or them .
Jackson was unbelievable brilliant at the time .
I was young going to all these with my brother and sister whom are older but U2 were outst, anding and so was Jackson
Prince just awful.
I enjoyed the Prince concert but don't really remember the music. The sound was shit, the stadium was too full, there was a lot of waiting, the support was completely forgettable, it was bright too late (concerts are better in the dark), the World Cup final was on the following day and it was a bit of anti-climax after the Romania and Italy matches.

I used to like Prince about 87 or 88 when Sign ☮ the Times came out and had most of the albums but it was the sort of gig where there was a lot of people who only knew a couple of songs.

I was also at the U2 ZooTV Concert in the Pairc in 1993, that was a good gig, for me it kind of made up for missing them in '87.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

29th Apr 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

Roy Orbison Reborn starring Dean Bourne

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼