Anyone ever hear a story...

Happened in April 2002

A man has been charged tonight with the murder of 19-year old Nicola Sweeney who was found stabbed to death at her home at Underwood House in Rochestown, County Cork, last night.

Within the past hour, 19-year old Peter Whelan from Ashgrove in Rochestown was brought before a special sitting of Cork District Court where he was also charged with assault causing harm to another woman.

The man has been remanded in custody to appear again before Cork district court tomorrow.Gardai have named the victim of the fatal stabbing in Cork last night. She was Nicola Sweeney, a 19 year old who would have been 20 next Tuesday.
That’s not forge hill
Obviously I remember that bollox

It is a true story, her name was Collette Cronin, she was a neighbour of mine. I was about her age at the time and I still think of it to this day may she rest in peace.

p8300631_orig.jpg

Apparently it was her communion day she was 8 years old her name was Colette Cronin it happened in 1974 down by the doughcloyne I think it was not too sure.The man was said to be psycho or mentally ill and he had a twin brother. My nan knew a woman who lived down by togher school at the time and she seen the 2 littles girls pass by her house one of them being Colette then shortly after she seen a man and offered him a glass of water as he said he’s just going for a walk not knowing what was to happen next. So sad

Happened in April 2002

A man has been charged tonight with the murder of 19-year old Nicola Sweeney who was found stabbed to death at her home at Underwood House in Rochestown, County Cork, last night.

Within the past hour, 19-year old Peter Whelan from Ashgrove in Rochestown was brought before a special sitting of Cork District Court where he was also charged with assault causing harm to another woman.

The man has been remanded in custody to appear again before Cork district court tomorrow.Gardai have named the victim of the fatal stabbing in Cork last night. She was Nicola Sweeney, a 19 year old who would have been 20 next Tuesday.
I wonder is that scumbag Whealan going to be released? Read a few weeks ago he had been out on day release. Undoubtedly a psychopath, the prospect of him returning to Cork must be sickening for the surviving victim and the bereaved family.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Son Solar - Ireland's Hottest Latin Band!
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

17th Aug 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

James Ahern

Arty's Bar, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼