Air raid siren

The Oil Refinery in Whitegate has one and also the County Fire Stations have them also, so that would be Cobh, Carrigaline, Crosshaven all around the harbour area.

The Oil Refinery in Whitegate has one and also the County Fire Stations have them also, so that would be Cobh, Carrigaline, Crosshaven all around the harbour area.
Macroom has one too. First time I heard it and it was explained to me, I thought, phones lads, use your phones. Easier than waking the whole town to let them know you’re about to go to work.

Macroom has one too. First time I heard it and it was explained to me, I thought, phones lads, use your phones. Easier than waking the whole town to let them know you’re about to go to work.
Yes most of the County Fire Stations have them, I suppose it is a fail safe system if the networks for their pagers etc are down.

There's an air raid siren on the north side too. It rings every time someone gets a job.

That's why you only hear it every few few years
Shur why would we want a job when we can draw the dole, get all the benefits, work in the black economy paying no tax and then smile away to ourselves when the idiots look down their noses at us.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sabrina Dinan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼