A moral dilemma

a bit of advise needed, what would you do if you knew a friend, work colleague or whoever was drinking driving on a regular basis, they actually admit it to you? you witness it yourself, they have a one or 4 pints on their lunch break and happily drive back to work?

i have no time whatsoever for people who drink and drive, theres no excuse for it like

Would you tell your him to cop on, tell ur boss, i mean he could seriously hurt himself or worse someone else?

Lord, what a gobshite. (Him, I mean, not you).

Morally, there's no two ways about it - this isn't one of those things you can turn a blind eye to. How you're going to intervene practically is another question.

Give Opti a call.

But seriously, if you know he's after a few pints & he's on the road, then ring the guards & report him. A scare tactic might be the only way to stop him. That, plus having his license revoked for a year.

Lord, what a gobshite. (Him, I mean, not you).

Morally, there's no two ways about it - this isn't one of those things you can turn a blind eye to. How you're going to intervene practically is another question.

i know what u mean, you cant walk up to someone and preach to him about how wrong drink driving is. i have no idea what to do, but i cant ignore it like.

How on earth can he/she go back to work after 4 pints? I'd just want to go to bed or keep drinking. As for the dilemma...make him/her aware of your concerns and see what the reaction is.

Give him/her one final warning. Tell them that the next time you witness it then you will contact the guards.

You might also want to talk to him about seeking some help. I presume if he is drinking 4 pints at lunch then his job must be affected.

How on earth can he/she go back to work after 4 pints? I'd just want to go to bed or keep drinking. As for the dilemma...make him/her aware of your concerns and see what the reaction is.

he works on a building site ya see so he can sort get away with, his maner normally is really easy going and relaxed so thats why he gets away with it.

he works on a building site ya see so he can sort get away with, his maner normally is really easy going and relaxed so thats why he gets away with it.

Feckin hell working on a building site with 4 pints in ye is asking for trouble. Accident waiting to happen.

Am, that is a really bad idea. I had a client years ago who was injured on site. Even though the accident wasnt his fault, the fact that he had been drinking at lunchtime was used for a finding of contributory negligence against him.

Also, drinking during work hours is grounds for automatic dismissal for gross misconduct under most employment contracts.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Comedy Cavern Showcase

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼