97 Corsa - Head gasket gone - what to do?

Hey there,

Don't know too much bout cars - head gasket is gone on the 97 corsa.
Is it worth getting fixed or will i get it scrapped?

Can you make money off getting it scrapped

A cylinder head gasket? Thats only a few bob. A thin strip..like cardboard. Easily replaced. Don't know much about car engines.

You could do a rebuild on it easy enough not too much to be spent on materials, however you will pay a fair whack for labour and visa versa not too much labour to drop a replacement engine in but unless you know a good scrappy you might pay a fair bit for the lump.

I would sugest looking around for a new car to be honest, on a 14 year old car, I wouldn't think it is worth it really.

Oh i've a new one already, tis for herself, its just the car is sitting outside nd all thats wrong with it is this bloody head gasket lark. Yeah the qoute i got to have it fixed was like 500€ which is a lot seeing as i paid 600 for it bout 3 years ago :)

Whats the best option if i just want rid? Best option being the way to get the most money?

bump

can anyone recommend a fella who may do head gasket work as not to many mechanics seem too.

im in a simular situation with a zafira. head gasket is gone as well.

engine would cost around 1000 plus labour but if gasket cost half that i might go with that option.

mechanic

need a mechanic for repair cheap rate, you can contact aurelien any time 0871353450 for any mechanic work try him

can anyone recommend a fella who may do head gasket work as not to many mechanics seem too.

im in a simular situation with a zafira. head gasket is gone as well.

engine would cost around 1000 plus labour but if gasket cost half that i might go with that option.[/QUOTE]

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Brewhouse Jazz

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼