4 points for a win!

MonTheHoops said:
I think it's a silly idea but sure they can always change it to 5 points if there's ever a 0-0 draw again. Doesn't 4 points make the 1-0 win more important?

Exactly, a lot of the people who have criticised Chelsea for being not the most positive team in the world would probably advocate the 4 points for a win thing, but it's ultimately the teams who score one and shut up shop who will benefit, not the swashbuckling attackers like Arsenal.

STEVIEG said:
Exactly, a lot of the people who have criticised Chelsea for being not the most positive team in the world would probably advocate the 4 points for a win thing, but it's ultimately the teams who score one and shut up shop who will benefit, not the swashbuckling attackers like Arsenal.
Plus if a game gets to 1-1 chances are both teams will be happy to play it out for the 2 points without risking anything.

storysham said:
Newcastle is another very expensive ground.

i was at the newcaslte Birmingham game last new years day, paid 25 notes to get in. thats cheap man. i was treated to the emile heskey sideshow as well as a footie match!

Del said:
How about if a game ends in a draw then both team would have to fight it out in a battle royal, wrestling style.

best idea yet. Lets see.......

keepers would be a close fight i'd say. VDS is gangly but reina looks like he'd pack a punch. Sami Hyypia used to be He-man so you'd fancy him to win among the defenders. Roy Keane against Luis Garcia is a match we'd all like to see as it would probably result in a spaniard crying. paul scholes is ginger so no one would want to get in a tangle with him in case they caught foxy. rooney's a k****** and would surely utilise the chair on crouch but you'd have to incorporate a ladder into the match to make that fair!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼