Irish Pension Question.

🙂
Help appreciated here folks.
An Irish friend of mine here in Malaga wants to retire. He worked full-time in Cork from 1977-1992 ie 15 years. Anyone know how much he would be entitled to from the Irish govt per month? This amount would be taken from his Spanish entitlement so he's not sure if it's worth it to claim from Ireland as he could be better off just claiming in Spain.
Thanks in advance.

🙂
Help appreciated here folks.
An Irish friend of mine here in Malaga wants to retire. He worked full-time in Cork from 1977-1992 ie 15 years. Anyone know how much he would be entitled to from the Irish govt per month? This amount would be taken from his Spanish entitlement so he's not sure if it's worth it to claim from Ireland as he could be better off just claiming in Spain.
Thanks in advance.
Tell him to set up a MyGovid ID with his Irish PPS No and he can check what pension contributions he has made on welfare.ie and that will tell him what he is entitled to

It maybe the case that he can claim both pensions.

Seems 5 years in England entitles you a pension ( and you can purchase up to 17 years more entilements ) that can be claimed separately from any Irish pension

Well you must claim where you last worked so he gets paid in Spain and the Spanish will get the Irish portion for him, takes some time to sort it all out. So could be waiting a while for the Irish bit but gets backdated..
🤔
Think this means the Spanish pay him less. Both govts pay a part of the final figure which isn't the Spanish pension supplemented by the Irish one as far as I can tell.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Hollyz
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

5th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Swiftogeddon - Taylor Swift Club Night

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼