2023 Senior A hurling

https://www.echolive.ie/corksport/arid-41267488.html Apparantly email only came out very late last night to club members to let them know about the appointment and it is in the echo first thing this morning! I think somebody likes the limelight. Its going to be an interesting year for Glen Rovers

No harm to Thomás but I don't think he's the right man for the job. Can't see The Glen getting relegated despite TheGlory's prediction, but neither can I see the appointment leading to an instant return - I hope TM proves me very wrong on this 😞

No harm to Thomás but I don't think he's the right man for the job. Can't see The Glen getting relegated despite TheGlory's prediction, but neither can I see the appointment leading to an instant return - I hope TM proves me very wrong on this 😞
It depends on the management set up and the make up of the backroom team. Not necessarily talking about the Glen here but in general.

The coach can be the main guy and the manager a figure head or an organiser.

I went to the City u21 final and the Glen have plenty of good solid young lads coming through. I'd be very hopeful for them next season.

Presume the slagging of bringing lads in will stop once the big city bois start doing it year in year out?
It's a slippery slope imo. Only one team can win the county every year and you're potentially blocking the pathway of coaches in the club.

If a club can develop a bunch of players you think can win a county, there's an internal coach or two well capable of training them imo.

It's a slippery slope imo. Only one team can win the county every year and you're potentially blocking the pathway of coaches in the club.

If a club can develop a bunch of players you think can win a county, there's an internal coach or two well capable of training them imo.

This I think is the real problem within teh county. All the efforts is put into developing players.....not enough effort put into developing coaches

This I think is the real problem within teh county. All the efforts is put into developing players.....not enough effort put into developing coaches

Laochra Gael over the weekend had yerman Liam Griffin of the Wexford AI team in 96. The players were still emotional when they spoke about him. He certainly was able to bring out that "extra (and all important) 5% " in them.

Limerick had given Wexford a lesson in the league previously up in Kilmallock and had doled out some "intimidation". Once they knew their opponents for the AI final Griffin had gathered the squad together, went around man to man, and had them all buy into "there'd be no (more) intimidation". Ended up with Scanlon? getting a red card but despite going behind and getting a man sent off they didn't take a backward step and went on to win it.

The right coach can make all the difference alright.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lisa Marie Murphy
Arty's Bar, Ballincollig, Cork

25th Oct 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼