2023 Premier sfc

You’re not far wrong there BBB. Although from i what I saw of Clon last night I honestly think they’ve leapfrogged Nemo. Time will tell though.

I don’t think any team has the powerful runners Clon do. Clancy, 2 Whites, LOD, Lowney, Shanley. Any team setting up like Valleys last night, allowing Clon to run at them will get absolutely steamrolled. And I include Nemo and Barrs in that.

I don’t think any division or college will come anywhere close. They won’t even make a semi.
Clons opposition last night was paltry - Valleys failed to get out of group last year, were relegated last month in league & got rid of Coach a couple of months ago, all bad signs - Clon should have done what they did and more to them last night, The Barrs & Nemo would have without doubt.

I can't pick a 4th club that I can say with any certainty would make a semi final - Douglas...maybe...although their team selection yesterday wasnt encouraging.

Carberry should have learned a fair bit from last year, Haulie O'Sullivan has been recruiting hard, think they gave South Kerry a bit of a clipping lately, they might improve on last year, if they do could make last 4

Last edited:
Clons opposition last night was paltry - Valleys failed to get out of group last year, were relegated last month in league & got rid of Coach a couple of months ago, all bad signs - Clon should have done what they did and more to them last night, The Barrs & Nemo would have without doubt.

I can't pick a 4th club that I can say with any certainty would make a semi final - Douglas...maybe...although their team selection yesterday wasnt encouraging.

Carberry should have learned a fair bit from last year, Haulie O'Sullivan has been recruiting hard, think they gave South Kerry a bit of a clipping lately, they might improve on last year, if they do could make last 4
No doubt Barrs and Nemo would have hammered them also. What impressed me most about Clon was their style of play - powerful runners, and nice variation of play. All our big players look to be flying it and our younger forwards acquitted themselves well. All very encouraging. Full back line the only slight concern without TC and MS.

The big 4, or more accurately the big 3 as it is now (Clon, Nemo, Barrs) would eat Carbery alive.

I’d still have Haven in 4th place on the proviso Hurley returns. I’d fancy them to get out of the group in 2nd place on points difference if they can hammer Valleys (assuming Clon win all 3)

Was talking to a Barrs fella today. Said with all the dual players they have they would be looking to get the direct semi-final berth by racking up big scores. He was on the money in fairness.
6 dual players playing with Barrs im told that played thats a fair amount.

The Carbery Rangers game will be a much better gauge of where Clon are at. They set up so defensively and have frustrated the likes of Nemo with that style last year running them close.

Clon have the strong runners as mentioned to break through that and with White coming out of goal creating the extra man, could see them doing enough to come through.

Barrs and Nemo carrying their league form through and adding back in their county players, hard to see any team bridging the gap to them.

Any of Valleys, Carrigaline, Carbery Rangers, Micheals would want to be bananas to let themselves take a kicking in any game from now on after Mallow got hosed by the Barrs, Carrigaline will have the toughest job to avoid that in their game v Nemo. Competition is split again already after 1rd, 3 or 4 teams looking up, rest looking sideways...

I didn't say Carberry would beat Barrs, Nemo etc but they might be 4th team in s/finals - Ballincollig, Douglas, Eire Og all treading water if not regressing, door is open, pairings after groups could be very interesting

Last edited:
Any of Valleys, Carrigaline, Carbery Rangers, Micheals would want to be bananas to let themselves take a kicking in any game from now on after Mallow got hosed by the Barrs, Carrigaline will have the toughest job to avoid that in their game v Nemo. Competition is split again already after 1rd, 3 or 4 teams looking up, rest looking sideways...

I didn't say Carberry would beat Barrs, Nemo etc bit they might be 4th team in s/finals - Ballincollig, Douglas, Eire Og all treading water if not regressing, door is open
Ya ok, if Carbery can avoid one of the top 3 plus Haven, then they might get lucky and make a semi, I reckon Ballincollig or even Douglas would have too much for them though.

All evidence suggests that there isn’t a snowballs chance of anyone outside of Clon/Nemo/Barrs winning it. It’s sure to be an epic battle between those 3. Championship shaping up nicely.

You’re not far wrong there BBB. Although from i what I saw of Clon last night I honestly think they’ve leapfrogged Nemo. Time will tell though.

I don’t think any team has the powerful runners Clon do. Clancy, 2 Whites, LOD, Lowney, Shanley. Any team setting up like Valleys last night, allowing Clon to run at them will get absolutely steamrolled. And I include Nemo and Barrs in that.

I don’t think any division or college will come anywhere close. They won’t even make a semi.
But Clon didn’t steam roll Valley Rovers. It was the black card which opened the gap between both teams.. both of these teams are poor.

Congratulations @Fox Leary and all in Clon on them winning the PSFC on the 29th of July.
With Haven drawing and Clon beating a team that got relegated in their league and no coach/manager it was easy to give out the trophy this weekend, well deserved.
Commiserations to all in the Haven as they got relegated from The Big 4, which is now the Big 3.

Congratulations @Fox Leary and all in Clon on them winning the PSFC on the 29th of July.
With Haven drawing and Clon beating a team that got relegated in their league and no coach/manager it was easy to give out the trophy this weekend, well deserved.
Commiserations to all in the Haven as they got relegated from The Big 4, which is now the Big 3.
After a great victory over Valleys in the final, this is as close as Fox will get to lifting the Andy Scannell so please let him enjoy his moment.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tanq & Tunes

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 3pm

More events ▼