2023 Premier Junior football

Another heartless, gutless and clueless display from Buttevant. How anybody thinks they were going to win this grade I don't get. They were comparing themselves to Knocknagree and Kilshannig a couple of months ago, I heard them on about excuses last night with injuries etc... as if they were the only team to get injuries to players.

I wouldn’t be too sure about Kinsale being in relegation battle because if they beat milstreet they are as good as qualified for the quarter finals. That’s presuming kilmurry beat St James which is more likely than not . Kinsale have every chance of beating milstreet from what I seen watching both teams at the weekend..
Very fair. That win for Millstreet though could kick them on a bit I feel. Again, clear sign that we should be taking it week by week with this grade.

Very fair. That win for Millstreet though could kick them on a bit I feel. Again, clear sign that we should be taking it week by week with this grade.

They were very good against st James with about 3 changes from team that were well beaten by kilmurry. Ellis is back and started CF and was a huge addition as very big and athletic and very composed on the ball . I’m looking forward to their game with Kinsale as it should be a very close contest with a lot at stake for both clubs season ..

Another heartless, gutless and clueless display from Buttevant. How anybody thinks they were going to win this grade I don't get. They were comparing themselves to Knocknagree and Kilshannig a couple of months ago, I heard them on about excuses last night with injuries etc... as if they were the only team to get injuries to players.

Looks like they will have to beat the Barrs now to guarantee quarter finals as you’d fancy Cobh to beat Michael’s which would put them on 4pts but if Buttevant beat Barrs all 3 would qualify it looks like as best third team would be that group .

They were very good against st James with about 3 changes from team that were well beaten by kilmurry. Ellis is back and started CF and was a huge addition as very big and athletic and very composed on the ball . I’m looking forward to their game with Kinsale as it should be a very close contest with a lot at stake for both clubs season ..
Has to be done but awful shame all the games are scheduled at the same time. Would love to see a few, this included.

Looks like they will have to beat the Barrs now to guarantee quarter finals as you’d fancy Cobh to beat Michael’s which would put them on 4pts but if Buttevant beat Barrs all 3 would qualify it looks like as best third team would be that group .
As Cork93 said above no 3rd place team goes through:
  • Two 1st placed teams go straight to the S/Fs, but are kept apart
  • The third 1st placed team and the 3 runners up go into two Q/F's
  • Winner's of the Q/F's meet the teams already in the S/Fs

Heard all last round of games moved to 6:30pm. Players will struggle to get to pitch for that time after work, not to mind an hour before throw in

Heard all last round of games moved to 6:30pm. Players will struggle to get to pitch for that time after work, not to mind an hour before throw in
Completely negligent planning, no consideration for any players or management. You’d have to think this can’t happen!?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Mossy

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼