2023 Premier Junior football

Obvious bad blood here from a churchtown man, Calling it ANOTHER heartlesss and gutless display would suggest they are always being beaten and to call a team who won the north cork last year and the league this year clueless is a ridiculous statement. I suppose being from churchtown you wouldn’t really be an expert on winning.
Buttevant had a bad day at the office and people start jumping on the bandwagon. I don’t believe they ever compared themselves to kilshannig or knocknagree but only mention these clubs as role models to what they are trying to achieve themselves.
This is a great forum for information on matches and results from around the county but it also shows how toxic and jealous some lesser clubs are of there neighbours success
Hi Joey

What you need to do now is regroup and come up with another 5 year plan for the team, the last one was so successful it should be a template that the County Board issue to other failing clubs.

Heard all last round of games moved to 6:30pm. Players will struggle to get to pitch for that time after work, not to mind an hour before throw in
Absolutely crazy! Teams are going to really struggle, most people dont finish work until 5pm on a friday. Some players are also working outside the city/cork and are expected to get to games on a friday evening. Not only teams but referees will also struggle to get to games at those times. Surely common sense will prevail and games will be changed to saturday!

Yes, they are missing.. context: imagine even the likes of the Barr’s without 3 of their key men, no Maguire and Sherlock for the season.. an injured Brian Hayes only coming on and Twomey going off after 15mins. That’s the Barrs!!
Imagine what it’s like to deal with that for a small club

I agree they would be a loss but I guarantee you every club is down a few players through injury or travelling. I seen a huge difference in milstreet yesterday with Ellis plus another one or two changes from team that looked awful against kilmurry . No club will go without players getting injured or in a lot of cases travelling.

Or play them under lights at 7.30 . Dunmanway has lights anyway not sure of a lot of other venues but I suppose that would cost County Board money to pay club for lighting .
Exactly! The county board dont seem to care about the costs for the players needing to take time off work etc. But i suppose "they are only junior teams" so they are the ones that have to suffer. You wouldnt see any of the bigger games on at 6.30 on a friday evening, loose too much revenue!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

10th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Strangeways Club Night*

The Pav, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼