2023 Intermediate A hurling

I think Ballygiblin will be missing 6 or 7 that started last year's final at the weekend. Hard enough to make the jump without those problems.
That's fair enough any team would struggle missing 6 or 7. In my opinion having watched them a few times over the last couple of years, I never really rated them. Literally had 3 or 4 good players and most of the rest were passengers. Fair play to them on their achievements but take Mark Keane & Flynn out of that team & ballygiblin are average

Exactly. Everyone is making lisgoold out to be world beaters. They were lucky in the group. Mayfield are well seasoned team team at this grade & still have plenty fire power. They're a different animal this year & will be looking forward to a cut off lisgoold. Mayfield to win for me & Blackrock to beat ballygiblin in the other game. Ballygiblin had a handy group & got blitzed by Midleton in the second half of the last group game. Certain people only go off paper talk instead of watching the actual games
if a team where that good they wouldve won it already is my argument with these things especially lower down the grades

if a team where that good they wouldve won it already is my argument with these things especially lower down the grades
Fair point but this grade is a tough grade to win. There's nothing between the majority of teams every year so it's all who performs on the day really. I can only go off what I seen this year, I watched most league & the championship games so far. One of Lisgoold, Mayfield or Aghabouluge will win it I reakon. I don't think ballygiblin have enough at this level. I think it's more paper talk building them up over their achievements the last few years. They were in a group with Douglas's second team & a depleted cloughduv compared to the last few years & Midleton's second team practically wiped the floor with them.

Fair point but this grade is a tough grade to win. There's nothing between the majority of teams every year so it's all who performs on the day really. I can only go off what I seen this year, I watched most league & the championship games so far. One of Lisgoold, Mayfield or Aghabouluge will win it I reakon. I don't think ballygiblin have enough at this level. I think it's more paper talk building them up over their achievements the last few years. They were in a group with Douglas's second team & a depleted cloughduv compared to the last few years & Midleton's second team practically wiped the floor with them.
You only have 3 posts and seem to be having a cut off Ballygiblin in all of them. Did they beat your club along the way over the last two years or something?

You only have 3 posts and seem to be having a cut off Ballygiblin in all of them. Did they beat your club along the way over the last two years or something?
I'm not having a cut just being realistic & not listening to paper talk shite & no they didn't beat my club. I just watched them enough times to know their level. I've a keen interest in all the championships. I don't mean any disrespect towards them

That's fair enough any team would struggle missing 6 or 7. In my opinion having watched them a few times over the last couple of years, I never really rated them. Literally had 3 or 4 good players and most of the rest were passengers. Fair play to them on their achievements but take Mark Keane & Flynn out of that team & ballygiblin are average
You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree completely. I've seen most of their games over the last few years and many of their players have starred on different days. The two you mention have missed a fair few of those games too and they still got over the line. Keane would be a huge addition all the same and no doubt they'd be in a semi-final now had he been there for Midleton game.

Mayfield and lisgoold was a cracker yesterday below in cobh. Going off yesterdays performance, I wouldn't rule them out going all the way. They're going well. Mayfield v Aghabouluge semi will be another right battle and has the makings of a cracker. I think both teams are similar enough.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cork Pride: Party At The Port
Kennedy Quay, Cork City

4th Aug 2024 @ 3:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼