2022 Senior A hurling

O Neil's win 20 to 2 12. Courceys got a goal 2 minutes into injury time from 20 metre free. They got one more chance to level with a goal. The shot was on but it just lifted over the bar

Strange game. Courceys could nearly have snatched a draw after an awful second half. Got too defensive after half time instead of pushing on

O'Neills definitely best team all year , will be delighted to get the win in a game that was harder than anticipated

Courceys must have missed 4 or 5 score able frees in the second half.

For all O Neills obvious dominance and outstanding second half performance, if Courcey Rover score those frees it a much tighter game.

It just shows the value of having a bullet proof freetaker.

Very strange game as another poster mentioned. Courceys were much better side in first half and then were destroyed in 2nd half. O’Neills hit 12 points in a row after half time and Courceys didn’t score for 30 minutes. They will have nightmares over their second half performance. Little things like keeper hitting a quick free out over the line, short puckouts intercepted, long ones being hoovered up by O’Neills. Frees being hit wide on far post and then near post. Ultimately FON were full value for their win. Billy Dunne got MOTM and while he was magnificent in widening the gap for FON towards the end, I felt that the decisive moments of the second half belonged to Joe Millerick. Scored an inspirational point from midfield coming out of melee and also another huge score where he won a ball courceys were coming out with to pop Dunne in for a point.
Congrats to both sides on a tremendous effort and an entertaining game

Billy Dunne was outstanding today whens he's on form he's hard to handle. Declan Dalton and Joe Millerick also hurled well. A great achievement for FON altough Courceys will be kicking themselves

Went down to watch this, Courceys are a tough team to put away. They are a well drilled team with a savage work rate, dogged out

The first half of this was a real contest, I kind of felt Fr O Neills were a bit shell shocked by the fight that Courceys showed. Niall O Halloran who I rate highly as a coach needed to get O’Neills in at the break.

I thought Dunne was a real livewire today, ran the full forward line and was a threat all through. O’Neills full value for the win in the end even if Courceys had a chance to force extra time

over to castlemartyr now to complete east cork treble, less than 10 miles between the 3 clubs
Just goes to show how a properly run divisional side can benifit the clubs playing for it and the standard it has brought the players on to deliver for their clubs also. Major Kudos to the Imokelly board.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Home In Ireland: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:30pm

More events ▼