2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Very open championship. Could argue barrs slight favourites, they have something about them and Cunningham has them well drilled , a far cry from the circus under Aidan Fitzpatrick and his stooges a couple years back.

Blackrock 1-20 Charleville 1-18.

The game of the year so far. An absolute cracker of a game. Brilliant atmosphere. Buff Egan was at the game if anyone wants to check it out on his Snapchat.

The Rockies to their credit pulled this game out of the fire. They had the strength in depth that Charleville didn't have. Kevin O' Keeffe came on and scored 0-3 in the last 10 minutes. John Cashman full back and Michael O' Halloran half forward were very good. Tadhg Deasy was man of the match scoring 1-4.

Massive credit goes to Charleville. I remember Churchtown beating them badly in a North Cork Junior Semi Final back in 2010. How far have they come on since. Credit to all their coaches over the years. Winning Junior, Intermediate, Premier Intermediate and Senior A counties in the last 10 years and now competing well with the likes of the Rockies, Barrs and Sars now.

Charleville should beat Na Piarsaigh in the relegation final you'd be thinking. Blackrock will come on from today but have it all to do v Imokilly.

Couldn't think of anything worse. Shoppy duppy quack quack. What an ape of a man. A plague to be around at a match. (You can tell me what great exposure he gives the game etc.) A head case.

Before Covid the championship format was supposed to include the 3rd placed team in group qualifying for knock out stages too. Had to be changed to only 2 that year to fit in the games.
Thankfully it changed because it's left a serious format with savage bite in games, it was seriously enjoyable today trying to keep track of all the results and who was in/out in the different groups.

Before Covid the championship format was supposed to include the 3rd placed team in group qualifying for knock out stages too. Had to be changed to only 2 that year to fit in the games.
Thankfully it changed because it's left a serious format with savage bite in games, it was seriously enjoyable today trying to keep track of all the results and who was in/out in the different groups.
It’s a great system. The only gripe I have is the coverage, or more to the point the lack of it.
Why couldn’t the examiner show a game from each grade over the final weekend? The hype would be unreal. Sometimes we shoot ourselves in the foot over pr

It’s a great system. The only gripe I have is the coverage, or more to the point the lack of it.
Why couldn’t the examiner show a game from each grade over the final weekend? The hype would be unreal. Sometimes we shoot ourselves in the foot over pr
Ya the one bad thing is with so much on at same time you can't see some cracking games

I would play all hurling group games off first , instead of starting a football round first.

Very open championship. Could argue barrs slight favourites, they have something about them and Cunningham has them well drilled , a far cry from the circus under Aidan Fitzpatrick and his stooges a couple years back.
Christ,a bit harsh but do explain,we all up here in the Glen are waiting

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼