2022 Premier Senior Hurling

What did Saunderson in goal for Midleton do to get a straight red? Fairly unusual to see a goalie get red

They brought on their sub, but it was in injury time anyway so nearly a waste. He's gone now for their intermediate side
Sub keeper they brought on Alan Power is actually the subkeeper for their intermediate side. Bryan Rossiter is the Intermediate keeper. Power gone from the Junior team in that case.

That was a cracking day's hurling yesterday lads. The Barrs have improved immeasurably over the last 12 months. Playing a lovely brand of hurling, don't seem to be wedded to any particular system. Looking really dangerous in attack but at the same time go through periods of games where they seem to go completely out of it. What age is Jamie Burns?

Lot of soul searching in Glanmire over the coming months I'd imagine. Don't think too many people around the county are shedding a tear for them this morning. The whole circus around the 2 transfers in the offseason backfired badly on them. Looked like a team of individuals.

Refs seem to be allowing a lot more go as well this year which is great to see.

Glen, the Barrs, the Rockies, Douglas all into the quarters. No crisis in city hurling anyway.

I'd have Imokilly as marginal favourites now but I say that with absolutely no conviction. It's been a great championship to date and the 7 teams left will all fancy their chances from here.

Jamie would be about the same age as D Cahalane i think he played midfield with Damien in the minor football final v Tyrone in 2010. Jamie is the 1 Barrs player we cannot do without as we are short fullback replacements in both codes.
Special praise to the Barrs fullback line yesterday while all the talk was about the barrs young stars they along with E Finn were outstanding yesterday.

Jamie would be about the same age as D Cahalane i think he played midfield with Damien in the minor football final v Tyrone in 2010. Jamie is the 1 Barrs player we cannot do without as we are short fullback replacements in both codes.
Special praise to the Barrs fullback line yesterday while all the talk was about the barrs young stars they along with E Finn were outstanding yesterday.
The whole team were superb yesterday, the older guys seem more relaxed now all the young fellas are playing their hurling

A very good performance from the Barrs yesterday. They mixed up their game really well. Brian Hayes was being marked well inside and bringing him out was a good move. William Buckley did much better in corner forward too. They have great versatility in their forwards.

Sars fell into the trap of trying to hit their full forward line from the wrong areas. Damien Cahalane cut out the world of ball and had a great game.

Sars looked a bit rudderless without Daniel Kearney. It's cost them against Blackrock bringing him off and they paid the price for letting that game behind them. I'd give O Regan credit..he was very good yesterday.

Some really good ties ahead. Blackrock won't give Imokilly anything easy. Glen have had lots of trouble with Newtown in previous years. Douglas and the Barrs will be a shootout.

The relegation game will be the mother of all battles. I'd fancy Charleville, especially in Mourneabbey. They're going in with much better performances under their belt this year.

Unbelievable jeff a couple of sars fans were seen leaving early and Red and blue stood up and roared
lock the gates make the f..kers watch,
Damn right I did. But I have huge sympathy for the genuine Sars people looking at the shit show of the last two years (I left them out a side door 😀)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Big Daddy Can

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:50pm

More events ▼