2022 Premier Senior Hurling

I brought my buddy and his Chicagoan father in law to his first hurling match vs Imokilly, a fella who played University ball in front of 30000 people back in his days, beast of a man. Stood up and high fived when we buried a youngfella with a shoulder over the sideline which led to our comeback goal. He couldn't get over the skill levels in general.

My head was in my hands giving out about our keeper Connolly and he said don't worry it's the fellas that don't play well in normal time. I wasn't having it. Of course it comes to pennos and he saves 3. The Yank in in the pub after: 'Ive never seen the Rockies lose!' 🤣
Unbelievable stuff. He was in awe over the community and how they don't have this club stuff in the states. We take what we have in the GAA for granted, thank gawd we're not commercialized like the rest of the word. Hurling Abu, Rockies abú, Corcaigh abú.
It’s what it’s all about kid, where your from, family, friends, we really do have something special

Ps the yank is gone home I hope? I’d hate to see his streak broken

I hope to god you are wrong Vlad 🙏
I wouldn't be suprised if I was. Enjoy the weekend.
Great craic and banter in work over the last fortnight. Lads who wouldn't know a bás from a ball are suddenly experts on all things Barrs and Rockies. I'll let you in on a secret, I have 2 county medals, I'm getting a great kick out of lads who usually only talk Liverpool and Utd explaining to me the prestige of county final day.

It's great for Cork GAA to see such a buzz. Long may it continue.

Enjoy the build up R&B,an email sent around in the last week in our club asking to step up,no management at intermediate or senior,serious trouble in Blackpool!!Maybe TOT might throw his hat in the ring,he has enough to say on here
Cheers boy

No doubt ye will sort things in Blackpool and be back contesting again next year. I’d love to beat ye in a final and Midleton the year after 🤣🤣🤣

I wouldn't be suprised if I was. Enjoy the weekend.
Great craic and banter in work over the last fortnight. Lads who wouldn't know a bás from a ball are suddenly experts on all things Barrs and Rockies. I'll let you in on a secret, I have 2 county medals, I'm getting a great kick out of lads who usually only talk Liverpool and Utd explaining to me the prestige of county final day.

It's great for Cork GAA to see such a buzz. Long may it continue.
Yeah a rising tide lifts all boats, those prem boys will hopefully be experts on cork hurling next summer 🤣

It’s what it’s all about kid, where your from, family, friends, we really do have something special

Ps the yank is gone home I hope? I’d hate to see his streak broken
Hes gone home unfortunately but at least I bought him a Rockies hat. Green Bay Packers colours so he was delighted - he'll be follying on d'Examiner stream

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼