2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Sweet fuck, the absolute gibberish about Sweetnam here is mind boggling. He was a big lad who had a gallop. Nothing more , nothing less. At this rate he'll will be referred to as the " The Lost Ring" . Get a grip. Christ.
Stay calm and read the posts properly before commenting. Nobody claimed he was the best thing since the sliced pan but lack of aggression in the middle third has been one of Cork's biggest problems in the last 10 years. Imho he would've gone a long way to alleviating that.

Stay calm and read the posts properly before commenting. Nobody claimed he was the best thing since the sliced pan but lack of aggression in the middle third has been one of Cork's biggest problems in the last 10 years. Imho he would've gone a long way to alleviating that.
He was also fairly mobile and well able to make space for himself. It's just an observation. When Aisake left, as well, there was a bit of gnashing of teeth. I admit thinking at the time that it was a pity, but Cork had plenty of good players and always would have.

Munster rugby does seem to be going through a poor patch at present..
Will they be able to continue financing the senior team as well as paying young talents like BOC and others. It isn't as if there is a transfer market where they raise funds by selling players.

My knowledge of Ben O Connor is exclusively from watching him play hurling but I expect there will be other factors in the decision that decides his future.
Is he academic ? is he a high achiever in school who may want to pursue a high level college course.
What does his family encourage him to do, is he from a sporting background and if so then which sport ?

I expect this is a decision which won't be taken lightly but the lure of a professional career must be a big attraction.
Bens decision will be purely on a sporting basis, he’s an 18 year old kid with the sporting world at his feet, he has a tough choice to make but as I’ve said previously if we lose him he will go with our full support, and hopefully a Senior county double in his back pocket

Sweetnam would have been a huge asset to Cork in the last few years and would still be in his prime.

We have seen with successful teams how important players like Sweetnam are.

Bens decision will be purely on a sporting basis, he’s an 18 year old kid with the sporting world at his feet, he has a tough choice to make but as I’ve said previously if we lose him he will go with our full support, and hopefully a Senior county double in his back pocket
R&B ,
When you say it will be a completely sporting decision are you say he is not academic ?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

27th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Dea Matrona

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼