2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Fair play to Newtown for making a game of it but match was over after 10mins really , Barrs seemed they could turn it on again when Newtown had their purple patch. Barrs have some great young fellas altogether. Ethan Twomey is something else. Hes going to be an unbelievable talent for Cork hurling going forward. All southside final. Last time Blackrock v Barrs met in final was 82. I would have Blackrock as favourites

Just back from pairc. Black rock & Barrs had plenty to spare but really thought Erin’s own were poor & newtown very poor. The barrs had game won after 15 mins.
Just shows how a lucky draw can stand to a club. Erin’s own top seed after group stages but in reality Ud have to wonder would they even have got out of the other 2 groups. The bright side today was some very good forwards on display, Robbie Flynn , Connolly , cotter, deasy, cahalane, Cunningham, Hayes, Twomey all showed signs for cork to be hopeful on yrs ahead. I would still think Sars, Middleton , Charleville are better than Erin’s own & newtown but it’s all about the luck of the draw.

Was there as a neutral for the Barrs v Newtown. Saw Barrs v SARS as well and it was the same story, hit the opposition hard from the off and win the game in the first 10-15 mins.

Wouldn't agree the standard was poor. Some exceptional skill on display. Barrs passing out of defence was sublime.

Newtown, especially TOM should heart to bring it back in the second half but they were out muscled, out fought and out skilled in most positions. Timmy's penalty at the end said it all really. The shot looked a bit tired and jaded.

A brilliant save too though. Newtown will improve if they learn lessons from today. They are a small parish and the club should be proud of what they've achieved this year.

Just back from pairc. Black rock & Barrs had plenty to spare but really thought Erin’s own were poor & newtown very poor. The barrs had game won after 15 mins.
Just shows how a lucky draw can stand to a club. Erin’s own top seed after group stages but in reality Ud have to wonder would they even have got out of the other 2 groups. The bright side today was some very good forwards on display, Robbie Flynn , Connolly , cotter, deasy, cahalane, Cunningham, Hayes, Twomey all showed signs for cork to be hopeful on yrs ahead. I would still think Sars, Middleton , Charleville are better than Erin’s own & newtown but it’s all about the luck of the draw.
We’ll see how they do in Munster. I suspect it will be Blackrock

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼