2022 Intermediate A football

What a club in fairness to them.
Getting a generation of players like they have and making the most outa them. Scary thing is average age of that team is 25. Congratulations Kilshannig.
Best wishes to coachford for 2023

There’s no ceiling for Kilshannig at the moment. I reckon they’ll be massive contenders for PIFC next year. Potential to be a senior club if they keep momentum going.

There’s no ceiling for Kilshannig at the moment. I reckon they’ll be massive contenders for PIFC next year. Potential to be a senior club if they keep momentum going.
Not quiet there yet but looking at that premier grade tonight I would put them in the top 3 without a doubt with Cill na Martra and Iveleary. Any other team in that grade I reckon coachford would beat.
I said it before and will say it again. If Kilshannig have there full squad injury free it is no man's story what they can do.
Still trailing in the heights of Knocknagree and Iveleary but are not away.
A great competitive championship with ups and downs.
We say goodbye to Ballydesmond, St Finbarrs 2, Millstreet and St Nicks and say hello to St Vincent's.
Mitchelstowns to lose surely next year 😂

Well done to Kilshannig yesterday! They were worthy winners. While they struggled earlier on in the championship, they got all of their key players back fit and ended up blowing the other contenders out of the water, beating Mitchelstown comprehensively in the semi final and Aghabullogue convincingly in the final.

They are ready made for Premier Intermediate and their age profile is on their side. While you'd imagine Iveleary, Cill na Martra and Bantry will be strong in this grade, Kilshannig will put it up to any of those teams. And as proven by the likes of Knocknagree and Iveleary, momentum from winning the Junior grade in 2019 and the Intermediate grade in 2022 can spur them on to win this grade in the coming years. They certainly have the potential.

The one thing that has impressed me with Kilshannig this year is their strength and conditioning. They have physically blown all the teams they've met out of it, including yesterday. Tom Cunningham was brilliant at corner forward at only 19 years of age. He will surely get a call up to the Cork U20s for next year. But it was the hard work of Eoin O' Sullivan at wing forward set the tone for the day. As the Echo said, he was a constant thorn in Aghabullogue's side. A lot of turnovers and scores came from him and his runs. Great to see Killian and Éanna O Hanlon back fit again and playing well. Colm O' Shea at corner back has been a brilliant man marker all year. He was given the task of minding the key opposition forwards all year and won every battle. Maybe worth a look at for Cork.

Aghabullogue scored 14 goals in this campaign but I felt Kilshannig's defence would shut them down which would be the winning of the game, and that is exactly what happened.

Don't think Kilshannig had an S&C coach this year, didn't see one on the program. Well worthy of their win. Were always going to be a force when at full strength. Will be contenders at Premier intermediate.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Tony Cantwell - Litterbox

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼