2022 Intermediate A football

As far as I know Sean O’Donnell is only involved in the hurling so not sure where your getting that from. From watching the match Glanworth we’re as dour, equally getting 15 behind the ball. Brought more intensity on the day and that’s what won the match imo.
Glanworth a dour team too, but kildorrery don’t have a pyne or darragh o brien and I think that was the difference. On paper Glanworth have a better team but kildorrery much more physical and better set up, just didn’t have the forwards to win it. O donnell with the footballers as well he was there with kildorrery yesterday and he’s made a huge difference to them. Last year people were saying kildorrery were definite to go down, but now they’re into the quarters and aren’t a weak intermediate side anymore. He’s transformed the team.

Last edited:
Glanworth a dour team too, but kildorrery don’t have a pyne or darragh o brien and I think that was the difference. On paper Glanworth have a better team but kildorrery much more physical and better set up, just didn’t have the forwards to win it
I’d agree with that, a fair assessment. Glanworth probably aggrieved to have a less favourable tie with Kilshannig as group winners. Kildorrery probably getting a slight more favourable tie with Aghabulloge. I still believe it’s hard to look past Mitchelstown, should have beaten Boherbue from what I heard yesterday and considering they rested some bodies.

I
I’d agree with that, a fair assessment. Glanworth probably aggrieved to have a less favourable tie with Kilshannig as group winners. Kildorrery probably getting a slight more favourable tie with Aghabulloge. I still believe it’s hard to look past Mitchelstown, should have beaten Boherbue from what I heard yesterday and considering they rested some bodies.
Its very difficult to judge where Kilshannig are. They were clearly a certain team for higher grade a season or two ago.This year has been a little mixed so far. However There isn't much love between Glanworth and Kilshannig ( probably more to do with hurling than anything) but Kilshannig maybe a slow burner this year... Aghabullogue will expect to beat Kildorrery especially as Aghabullogue are out of the hurling and Kildorrery are still heavily involved in both Codes. All in all its Mitchelstowns to lose but how many times have we said that!!

Wouldn’t think that was the reason, you can still bet on Nemo’s 2nd team in premier intermediate football.

Think it was more to do with intermediate going from the 3rd tier of cork football to the 4th tier? Not certain on that though
Yesterday the dourness came from kildorrery in fairness. They’re a limited side and with Sean o donnell they set up ultra defensively, at times all 15 men inside their own half.
I’m not involved with either team but in Kildorrerys defense, if you asked me to name the most defensive unattractive team in intermediate I would have said glanworth. Now they have some very good players and the style of play has done them well so fair play to them, results are the name of the game, but it wouldn’t be right to make glanworth out to be a lovely pure football playing team.

This sounds like you fancy Gabriel’s to beat Kilshannig. Please DM me and I’ll put whatever money you want against such a result.
Yep you would have collected that wager you were extremely confident fair play .. They won by a solitary point Gabriel's had 14 men for 55 minutes but its all about result at the final whistle

Glanworth very lucky from reports I heard, lot of ref decisions in their favour. Kildorrery knew they were through before the end so didn't go for it. Ridiculous location to play the game so didn't bother go. Glad I didn't!

Mitchelstown didn't put much into their game. Rested a few and were going through the motions.

Kilshannig coming to the boil nicely by all accounts. Getting full squad back, Town Kilshannig final with whoever is out of the hurling at that stage winning.

Last edited:
The four 1/4 finals have been fixed.

Saturday 17th Mitchelstown v Dromtarrife in Kanturk 3:30pm
Saturday 17th Glanworth v Kilshannig in Kildorrery 3:30pm
Sunday 18th Aghabullogue v Kildorrery in Glantane 3pm
Sunday 18th Adrigole v Boherbue in Macroom 3pm

Website says "The pairings for the Semi Finals will be finalised after the Quarter Finals have been completed in an attempt to avoid repeat pairings where possible."

Was at the mitchelstown boherbue game yesterday they were under pressure boherbue put it up to them all over the field...seemed very cocky. There beatable definitely

Glanworth very lucky from reports I heard, lot of ref decisions in their favour. Kildorrery knew they were through before the end so didn't go for it. Ridiculous location to play the game so didn't bother go. Glad I didn't!

Mitchelstown didn't put much into their game. Rested a few and were going through the motions.

Kilshannig coming to the boil nicely by all accounts. Getting full squad back, Town Kilshannig final with whoever is out of the hurling at that stage winning.
You must’ve been speaking to someone from Kildorrery if this is the report you heard. Glanworth will feel hard done by that they received a black card in the first half for a trip and a Kildorrey player did the exact same in the second half and got away with a warning. Felt the ref left a lot go and allowed the game to be physical so both sides will feel that they should’ve had more frees then they actually received. Wasn’t a great game for the neutral eye but that was to be expected really.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jake Bugg
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

19th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Village Vandals

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼