2021 County Senior Football Championship

The leagues are being regularised across the board next year, in 2023 there will be 10 teams in each group, giving 9 games. This will still mean that you'll need 18 weeks to run off the league programme in order to get to a league final stage by Mid July. Hopefully in 2023 it'll be the beginning of March before leagues are needed to start but for 2022 I don't think clubs have any other choice.

League format has changed so finals are ending up roughly last week of June, first week of July. This gives clubs a 3/4 week run in to championship then.

I'd contend players would prefer the later start for the leagues but it is a very tight season as is.

Currently each team will get 9 league games - I think this could prob be reduced to 7 games saving 4 weeks with a month - 6 weeks later start date.

But then you are reducing games for players ableit they would be Feb games which are never enjoyable :lol!::lol!:

The leagues are being regularised across the board next year, in 2023 there will be 10 teams in each group, giving 9 games. This will still mean that you'll need 18 weeks to run off the league programme in order to get to a league final stage by Mid July. Hopefully in 2023 it'll be the beginning of March before leagues are needed to start but for 2022 I don't think clubs have any other choice.
Thought this was 2022?
Might have heard wrong tho.

Why should we?
I'm curious what the reasons were in general?

If it was me I'd much prefer to have taken a chance of going home/away. Surely Pairc ui rinn would have suited Barr's.
Even in terms of both sets of supporters, can't see the point of dragging two clubs all the way to Thurles.
Thought home or away was the common sense option, but it's obviously the clubs decision if they have a reason for it. The reason just isn't obvious to an outsider to be honest

I'm curious what the reasons were in general?

If it was me I'd much prefer to have taken a chance of going home/away. Surely Pairc ui rinn would have suited Barr's.
Even in terms of both sets of supporters, can't see the point of dragging two clubs all the way to Thurles.
Thought home or away was the common sense option, but it's obviously the clubs decision if they have a reason for it. The reason just isn't obvious to an outsider to be honest
Arrogance is the reason. Losing the toss would've been in the barr's head. Game lost already. R&B's defensive reply of "Why should we" instead of giving you a valid reason tells you all you need to know.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Black Apple Bastards

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:30pm

More events ▼