2021 County Senior Football Championship

I'm curious what the reasons were in general?

If it was me I'd much prefer to have taken a chance of going home/away. Surely Pairc ui rinn would have suited Barr's.
Even in terms of both sets of supporters, can't see the point of dragging two clubs all the way to Thurles.
Thought home or away was the common sense option, but it's obviously the clubs decision if they have a reason for it. The reason just isn't obvious to an outsider to be honest
Why isnā€™t the hurling final on in Tipp or Limerick on Sunday? The Barrs were given the option by Munster Council to toss for venue if both teams agreed, I really donā€™t see the big drama about it

Why isnā€™t the hurling final on in Tipp or Limerick on Sunday? The Barrs were given the option by Munster Council to toss for venue if both teams agreed, I really donā€™t see the big drama about it
I'm not saying it's right or wrong decision. I was just wondering if there is a particular reason for it.
I just wouldn't see it as a neutral as a decision that makes much sense for any of the sides involved

I'm not saying it's right or wrong decision. I was just wondering if there is a particular reason for it.
I just wouldn't see it as a neutral as a decision that makes much sense for any of the sides involved
Anyone who knows anything about club football in Kerry knows that Austin Stack Park is a big advantage for Stacks as they get a massive turnout there and they have a routine for their ā€˜ultrasā€™ which can make it quite intimidating.

PUR is much less an advantage to Barrs compared to ASP to Stacks. Was completely the right move by Barrs to go neutral on this one regardless of result and they were absolutely entitled to it at that.

Arrogance is the reason. Losing the toss would've been in the barr's head. Game lost already. R&B's defensive reply of "Why should we" instead of giving you a valid reason tells you all you need to know.
Isn't that lack of confidence the very antithesis of Arrogance?

i heard we made them an offer that if they came to cork this time we would go to their place the next 2 times we meet. That seems fair to me.
Sure they knew they mightnā€™t get to this stage again so that offer was a waste of time to them šŸ˜€

It does show the bullshit in their chairmanā€™s statement that theyā€™d be very happy to come to Cork though

Game is fixed by Munster Council, itā€™s on in Thurles, get on with it

Anyone who knows anything about club football in Kerry knows that Austin Stack Park is a big advantage for Stacks as they get a massive turnout there and they have a routine for their ā€˜ultrasā€™ which can make it quite intimidating.

PUR is much less an advantage to Barrs compared to ASP to Stacks. Was completely the right move by Barrs to go neutral on this one regardless of result and they were absolutely entitled to it at that.
Well said

Iā€™m worried about their ā€œultraā€™sā€ now though šŸ˜€

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Afro House and Amapiano

Old Oak, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼