2021 County Senior Football Championship

Hard to work out
I'm questing they aren't getting the players through with other sports etc
The facilities are top class and cubert is chairman so hopefully will get them going again

Bishopstown has an ageing population, very few of the lads I grew up with there living there now. Their relatively successful team like the ones backbones by the Honohons and the Cogans and that three in a row minor Team were the Bishopstown baby boom.

Also with the Barr’s on the up they are a bigger draw.,they seem to get the majority of good players that go through CSN.

Maybe the new facilities and Cubby at the helm they can turn things around a bit.

Bishopstown has an ageing population, very few of the lads I grew up with there living there now. Their relatively successful team like the ones backbones by the Honohons and the Cogans and that three in a row minor Team were the Bishopstown baby boom.

Also with the Barr’s on the up they are a bigger draw.,they seem to get the majority of good players that go through CSN.

Maybe the new facilities and Cubby at the helm they can turn things around a bit.

Bishopstown have good numbers for their underage teams so that’s not the issue, they have always been a disaster at bringing players through as outside of their golden generation they are never competing for top honours underage.

You do realise players are playing with their clubs long before they go to secondary school? You make it out like it’s free season in CSN

Had to mute the commentary early as Cubby's continuous powerpoint presentation was getting in on my nerves as they say in Roscrea.
By the time I shut him off he had used the word TRANSITION about 20 times and persisted in telling both teams how to play football.
Effing painful sh one T coming from an ex manager who was even worse than McCarthy.
No doubt Leen will rope in McCarthy for in depth analysis of gaelic football in future Examiner podcasts?

Bishopstown have good numbers for their underage teams so that’s not the issue, they have always been a disaster at bringing players through as outside of their golden generation they are never competing for top honours underage.

You do realise players are playing with their clubs long before they go to secondary school? You make it out like it’s free season in CSN

Of course they are playing club before going to CSN, I’m sure the parents who are motivated to see their kids become all stars are pushing them towards the more successful clubs. It’s not a coincidence that the majority of the good ones generally are Barr’s players. I mean Michael shields was living in Halldene as far as I remember, long way from Togher.Long while out of Bishopstown so maybe I’m wrong.

You are right Bishopstown have big problems bringing players through.

Cubby is a great principal in SSN so maybe he can do a job with The GAA a bit.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Prophet Song: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼