2021 County Senior Football Championship

Of course they are playing club before going to CSN, I’m sure the parents who are motivated to see their kids become all stars are pushing them towards the more successful clubs. It’s not a coincidence that the majority of the good ones generally are Barr’s players. I mean Michael shields was living in Halldene as far as I remember, long way from Togher.Long while out of Bishopstown so maybe I’m wrong.

You are right Bishopstown have big problems bringing players through.

Cubby is a great principal in SSN so maybe he can do a job with The GAA a bit.

Parents bring their kids to their local club in 99% of cases, in the other 1% they bring them because they have a connection to that club, nothing to do with bringing them to the more successful clubs

There’s a good reason why the better players in CSN are generally Barrs players, they get better coaching in the Barrs

And if you’re from Bishopstown I’m suprised you don’t know that Michael Shields older brother was playing with the barrs long before Michael started there

And that long distance from Togher to Bishopstown didn’t stop John Egan did it?

Had to mute the commentary early as Cubby's continuous powerpoint presentation was getting in on my nerves as they say in Roscrea.
By the time I shut him off he had used the word TRANSITION about 20 times and persisted in telling both teams how to play football.
Effing painful sh one T coming from an ex manager who was even worse than McCarthy.
No doubt Leen will rope in McCarthy for in depth analysis of gaelic football in future Examiner podcasts?

The picture quality is outstanding but the commentary is awful. I had to turn off Cuthbert too, the main commentator is a tough listen also. Bring back Paudie Palmer.

The picture quality is outstanding but the commentary is awful. I had to turn off Cuthbert too, the main commentator is a tough listen also. Bring back Paudie Palmer.

Mulcahy is after improving a lot as a commentator. He was way too excitable last yr. Brian Hayes a much better hurler than footballer based on today.

You're starting to see the effects of teams being where they are based on merit rather than bluffing away for years avoiding relegation in bloated championships, or on the flip side being caught at a lower grade despite having the ability to be higher.

Eire Og a great example of that. No way a St Nick's or Btown pull off a win over Ross in the old senior championship.

Parents bring their kids to their local club in 99% of cases, in the other 1% they bring them because they have a connection to that club, nothing to do with bringing them to the more successful clubs

There’s a good reason why the better players in CSN are generally Barrs players, they get better coaching in the Barrs

And if you’re from Bishopstown I’m suprised you don’t know that Michael Shields older brother was playing with the barrs long before Michael started there

And that long distance from Togher to Bishopstown didn’t stop John Egan did it?

Bishopstown has a big population lived there till I was 18 man, Hugh was the brother? Don’t remember him as a baller but didn’t hang out in that part of Btown.

I would be a few years older than John now so no idea where he was living but I remember the old lad was a cop there and he played for Bishopstown.

Naturally if you have coaches laiden with All Ireland medals the Barr’s have the coaching is on a different level.

Last edited:

Ya, Mulcahy is a bit OTT all right when he has an orgasm for tap over points but sweet Jesus keep that bostoon from Templenoe away from us.
Who wants to know that No 15 Mike Whatshisname milked 40 cows before breakfast or Denny the dasher is only just recovering from ringworm.
NO NO NO pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

You're starting to see the effects of teams being where they are based on merit rather than bluffing away for years avoiding relegation in bloated championships, or on the flip side being caught at a lower grade despite having the ability to be higher.

Eire Og a great example of that. No way a St Nick's or Btown pull off a win over Ross in the old senior championship.

Nail on the head.

Nobody was saying much about Bishopstown or Nicks losing at senior because it was senior but they’re getting hammered down the levels now and it just shows you how much dead wood was at senior for so long. And there’s still plenty of regrading needs to be done with some teams needing to go up a grade and some down a grade or two more.

Watched a bit of the Barrs and Ballincollig today. For so long Ballincollig looked so poor but nearly won. The final last week was poor too in terms of standard. While the grades are fairly competitive it’s fairly easy to see why Cork senior team is so poor when you watch the club games.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼