That's how many days I've been a member of the PROC. 5 years, lads. 5 whole years. I haven't stuck with much else for 5 years, like. It's been fun, more or less. I've watched newbies turn into regulars then retire themselves. My 9,999 posts may not seem like much but that's not to say I'm not watching. Rarely a day goes by where I at least don't check in briefly. Sad, I know, especially for someone so invisible. It always make me smile though, when I hear of the countless others who would be members and see the regulars such as such pretentious bastards, and that's not just 1 or 2, they'd class most in that group, myself included. So it's a nice little niche to be in and both not be in at the same time. I've always thought and enjoyed being an outsider, but maybe I'm not as much of one as I thought I was. At least I can say I've never been to a piss-up, in all my years here. However for 4 of those, I was underage anyway.

My hats off to NWB, Tuba, Roman Abramovich and Aphex. The four posters to ever make me laugh out loud from what I read here.

Unfortunately, the shoddy wummery and grudges have made the PROC lose it's sparkle for me. It's like a small snug, moving into a noisy nightclub really. Not exactly the most articulate of metaphors but the hour is late, and the road is long. By shoddy wummery, I don't mean the BoBs. I'm not sure if they're WUMs or not. I don't think so, they seem to recaptured the idea of a snug for themselves from the wider forum overall. And if they are WUMs, they do it well. I'll be terminating the account, so I'm not tempted to return, but if I ever get one of those cushy office jobs ye all seem to have,I may return, who knows.
Keep watching, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel...

Goodnight all and good luck.

NSSB, Dave the Truck Driver, Captain Sassy Pants and Seanie.

That's how many days I've been a member of the PROC. 5 years, lads. 5 whole years. I haven't stuck with much else for 5 years, like. It's been fun, more or less. I've watched newbies turn into regulars then retire themselves. My 9,999 posts may not seem like much but that's not to say I'm not watching. Rarely a day goes by where I at least don't check in briefly. Sad, I know, especially for someone so invisible. It always make me smile though, when I hear of the countless others who would be members and see the regulars such as such pretentious bastards, and that's not just 1 or 2, they'd class most in that group, myself included. So it's a nice little niche to be in and both not be in at the same time. I've always thought and enjoyed being an outsider, but maybe I'm not as much of one as I thought I was. At least I can say I've never been to a piss-up, in all my years here. However for 4 of those, I was underage anyway.

My hats off to NWB, Tuba, Roman Abramovich and Aphex. The four posters to ever make me laugh out loud from what I read here.

Unfortunately, the shoddy wummery and grudges have made the PROC lose it's sparkle for me. It's like a small snug, moving into a noisy nightclub really. Not exactly the most articulate of metaphors but the hour is late, and the road is long. By shoddy wummery, I don't mean the BoBs. I'm not sure if they're WUMs or not. I don't think so, they seem to recaptured the idea of a snug for themselves from the wider forum overall. And if they are WUMs, they do it well. I'll be terminating the account, so I'm not tempted to return, but if I ever get one of those cushy office jobs ye all seem to have,I may return, who knows.

ali-g-14266.jpg

I know you only wanted me as your "father" to get into those piss ups and wasn't Pixiebelle your mother?.
Anyway I hope you get one of those cushy jobs as well and make your old man proud.

Jayzes... I wonder did he ever get the office job?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays June Weekend Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼