Search results

1. S

What will be your new GAA County?

Like folks from a lot of non-competitive counties, is it time for Cork GAA followers to pick an elite county or two to follow through the Summer? Know a guy from Carlow who has had Kerry in the football and Kilkenny in the hurling for years ......lucky boy, he's had some great days. Looking at...
  2. S

Estonia V. Ireland - link?

anyone got a link for tonight's game? thanks
  3. S

Slingbox in Cork?

Anyone know where I could get a Slingbox in Cork ? Thanks
  4. S

Guardian UK Editorial on Gaelic Sports

Fair play to us like. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/sep/21/in-praise-of-gaelic-sports Btw, any chance there could be a separate forum for GAA and other community based sports on the PROC - it's depressing that we have to see that fellas actually get animated enough to post to...
  5. S

Eammon Dunphy is a bigger prick.com

best performance since Holland in 2001 or Russia in 1998 - travesty - I have always disliked Henry, now its vendetta and I'll get him ..............
  6. S

Beautiful women descending on Cork this Saturday

I have it on the utmost authority that Cork City centre will be full of babes on Saturday, February 7th - I was told its going to be like Dublin on All-Ireland weekend when the place is taken over by the hottest women in Ireland. As ye all know they love the hurlers and are coming out en masse...
  7. S

Calling langers on shite driving

when you're near killed due to shite driving of some langer in a van, is it kosher to use the number on side of van to call said langer for an immediate chat? I think so - but said langers react very badly. Dunno.
  8. S

Premiership Pimps?

Bunch of mercenaries jumping from one club to the other - how can you follow a team? what is a team? hard to keep the interest? Maybe, the only thing worth following is the manager - at least you can agree / disagree with his style of football, watch how he develops it - but following a...
  9. S

Real Estate Agents - worse than Biblical tax collectors?

Real Estate Agents - worse than Biblical tax collectors? have had so easy for years, they've developed the arrogance of a Caesar and the spin of a Temple Pharasie - discuss
  10. S

Roy Keane and the hurling loss

This has been playing in my head for awhile - it was blurted out in a Dublin boozer the nite of the hurling final -" did the Keane "visit" mess with their heads? Like what was the point of it? did it give them the sense that they had arrived before they got there? what was possibly good about...
  11. S

Leave your books in the wild?

New(ish) concept out there where you leave books you've read on park benches, pubs, buses etc for others Not too much caught on in Cork - currently, there are only four in the "'wild' see where at: http://www.bookcrossing.com/hunt/13/4096/travel_-Ireland-Co.-Cork How many books are read...
  12. S

Is the PROC over?

Although there are still classic threads, is the overall vibe getting jaded? Lost its orginality? Portents of change everywhere? .............The Croke Park loss, the rise of the BOB, falling house prices, New York costs of living, pikers on the make, Dublinesque flash and coin. I dunno but...
  13. S

Nasty Injury - poor taste

Youghalboi - don't know where you got the ankle photo but I seen many similar out of Iraq / Lebannon - you have your rights to post what you want but that doesn't mean its funny nevermind clever
  14. S

Setanta is coming home for three-in-a-row?

Any truth to rumour that Setanta is packing his bags?