Search results

1. D

Facebook and toddlers/children

So, got a phone call from a very distressed friend of mine. The girlfriend of her ex husband has added her 4 year old daughter as a friend on Facebook... My friend is furious. What do you all reckon, I know someone posted a while ago (was it Piggy?) about dogs on Facebook, but a 4 year old...
  2. D

New Job!!!

I went for an interview this morning...got home about 10.45...phone rang half an hour ago and they've offered me the job! Woohoo! I've had a lovely couple of months off, and still have over £10k of my redundancy dosh in the bank and a new job up my sleeve. I am a happy lady! :D
  3. D

Facebook Pics vs The Law

So, we've all read these stories about naughty people getting caught by their other halves on Facebook...but how about people doing bits and bobs that are outside of the law? Friend of mine has been tagged in a folder of pics, and so I had a look through...and there's plenty of them all up to a...
  4. D

FAO: PigCapitalist...and General Honeytrapping Interested Parties

FAO: PigCapitalist...and General Honeytrapping Interested Parties So...seems Piggy was right. I came a cropper. Ladies...have you ever honeytrapped a man, because I just did, and whilst I didn't want him to get his feet sticky, he did. However, being objective, although I'm a bit upset...
  5. D

Venlafaxine?

Does anyone know of this medication? A friend of mine has been prescribed it for stress and anxiety, but a quick google and it looks like it's for more severe depression. Anyone heard of it, or had experience of someone having had it?
  6. D

Surgery "down there"...

So, was chatting to a mate on msn about the ole twig n berries and the ladygardens, and surgery relating to these areas... Labiaplasty is all the rage, but do guys really care? I know three chaps who've had a veg out due to the Big C, and all three opted to not take the offer of a fake bollock...
  7. D

Prague Hotels

Hopefully off to Prague in a couple of weeks...had a look on Expedia and there's a lot to choose from so I thought I'd see if anyone can recommend anything! Want to keep the cost fairly low...three nights, trying to limit it to €350 total (for two of us sharing), decent grade hotel and...
  8. D

Good horror film suggestions please!

Mr DaisyM is dying from manflu, and I have been instructed to take him a dvd and some comfort food...the food bit is OK, but I'm a bit stumped on the dvd...we're both into horrors, and the last time we were in Blockbuster we got Saw IV...given that V isn't out for a wee while yet, I am asking...
  9. D

Redundant!!!

HOORAH! Tomorrow is the big day, toodle pip ya bastards to the people who've paid me for almost 6yrs. Quite looking forward to it now...few weeks off, nice pile of money...and a couple of nice jobs in the pipeline! I might be posting a bit more next week...there's only so much Jeremy Kyle I...
  10. D

Fake Babies!?

Just watched a bizarre programme on Channel 4 about fake babies... "reborn dolls" as they call them. Perhaps I'm being a little narrowminded, but are these women not completely bonkers?! Spending hundreds of notes on fake babies and treating them like real children...I suppose it's cheaper...
  11. D

Martyrs at work

One of my dumbfuck colleagues played her martyr card last week. Came in croaking and sniffling. I said to her "why did you come in if you're so unwell?" and got the old "I'm SO busy, I wish I could have time to be ill!" So...here I am, second day lying in bed like a truck has hit me. Today...
  12. D

X Factor 2008!

Yes yes, I know it's going to attract a load of people complaining about it, but I thought I may as well start the thread anyway! First live show's on tonight. Wonder who the first out will be, to fizzle back into obscurity, their dream cruelly whipped from their clutches. I want Laura to win...
  13. D

Baby Day on the PROC

It's getting a bit cluttered with parenting threads here... So, my friend had a c-section yesterday, as did one last week...and one last year, so 3 out of 4 of the babies that my friends have produced in the last year haven't been delivered naturally. Are women actually made for childbirth...
  14. D

Fly

There's been one in my lounge since last weekend, and it's really pissing me off. Aren't they supposed to die after a couple of days? I blame the bloody crusties from Reading Festival last weekend.
  15. D

FAO: Web Heads

Yes, I KNOW there's a tech forum, but it's normally dead... Does anyone have any experience of an open source CMS called OpenEngine? Having a total mare with it...just wondered if it's me being dumb, of if it's a bit of a pig?!
  16. D

Blue bits

Where did they come from? I dunno if they were there earlier, been out most of the day.
  17. D

The Runaway Train

My brain is scarred from this. My O2 broadband died on Saturday night, and I had to listen to their "comedy" version of this on their hold music for 40 minutes, to be told that a DNS server was down - why they couldn't just put a recorded message on and save me from the train, I don't know...
  18. D

Fucking Washing Machine!!!

Put a wash on, nothing happened...so I turned it off, and on again, nothing. Pushed the dial through all of the cycles, nothing. Turned off again. Waited for lock to click off. Pulled handle...SNAP. GREAT! All of my undies are stuck in there, plus my work clothes that I need. Is there a...
  19. D

Watermelon's double

I just saw her outside here! I know it wasn't melons though...the legs were NOT savage!
  20. D

Shares question

Hoping Frankie is lurking not far away... Right, so I have some shares that I want to get rid of, however, the registrar tells me that they sent me a new certificate back in August 2005 (when they chopped the shares up and redistributed them), however I never received it. So I need to get a...