Search results

1. E

Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Brilliant film alright🙂
  2. E

I would also agree with your review,I saw this in the Cork Film Festival last year.I found it very clunky in places,although I did like the sections with the parents/son(Andrew Scott) in the film.i know alot of people who loved it,but I found it hard to engage with the story,horses for courses I...
  3. E

Anatomy Of A Fall. 8/10 Really enjoyed this,Sandra Huller is brilliant as a wife who's accused añd tried for the murder of her husband.The film takes a deeper look at the life of a married couple,who've had to deal with aftermath of their child losing his sight in an accident.All of the...
  4. E

Past Lives 8/10. A really lovely movie.One I could easily watch again,definitely feels like it's comes film thecwriter's/directors experiences which makes it very relatable.It's very heartfelt and poignant and in a good way
  5. E

Best Microdisney Song Ever!

Looking forward to watching this tonight🙂
  6. E

what book you reading at the moment? (incl poll)

Yes,would agree with you there.The first half of Empire Of Pain was really interesting,where the history of the Sackler family was outlined in detail.I found the latter half of the book very dense,but would still recommend it
  7. E

I read Empire Of Pain,having read Say Nothing ny the same author.I'd definitely recommend it too if you're interested in the subject
  8. E

Say Nothing is a brilliant book,one of the best I've read over the last few years.
  9. E

New Arcade Fire Album

I'd also agree on those points.I absolutely loved Funeral when it came out,and went to EP in 2005,their gig was unreal;was very disappointed with Neon Bible,and have liked some of their recent stuff,but have never considered going to see them live again.If they came to Cork,I would consider it...
  10. E

Portishead - New Album

Sounds great,loved Portishead,hopefully she'll pop up at a music festival this year,Portishead@EP14 was one of the best sets I was ever at🤞🙂
  11. E

Hell Or Highwater,a brilliant film.If you like Ben Foster as an actor,check out Leave No Trace,if you've not seen it already,a great performance by him in it🙂
  12. E

Plan to go see One Life this weekend,will get back with an.update next week👍
  13. E

Summer Of Soul 9/10 We watched Summer Of Soul,a music documentary about the Harlem music festival,which was held over 6 weeks in the summer of 1969.The festival was filmed,but was never broadcast or produced until Questlove(from The Roots) took hold of the footage a couple of years ago.The...
  14. E

Fuck off with your Jazzing!

Myself and sister was at it,I thought they were excellent,my sister's a huge fan,has seen them a few times and loved it.It was sold out,but the Opera House wasn't packed,so you could near the stage no bother.
  15. E

The Undertones Cypress Avenue

Find out if Cyprus Ave. have a waiting list,try all the usual forums,put up ads on Fbook,Toutless,Adverts.ie,you could also try turning up on the night,that's worked for me in the past,fingers crossed🤞
  16. E

Once upon a time in northern Ireland

Watched the series when it was on BBC,was excellent all round,the last episode was really emotional,and brought all of the previous episodes together,a brilliant piece of documentary making on the subject
  17. E

Peter Hook Cyprus Ave. Sun Aug 20th

Definitely getting full value if he's playing both albums,and New Order tracks as well,have my ticket bought,looking forward to it
  18. E

I'll be very interested to hear what his band are like,I'm a New Order fan first,but the Joy Division tracks still sound great today,looking forward to it for sure🙂
  19. E

I couldn't go that gig down at Beamish;I've been to see New Order,but as they've parted company,I've not seen him in concert...he also plays a wider range of tracks as well,New Order tend to stick to the same setlist,although they did play a few Joy Division tunes at Trinity College 2019....
  20. E

I see that Peter Hook is playing Cyprus Ave. Sun Aug 20th,I'm a big New Order/Joy Division fan,so will definitely try to head along to this🙂