Search results

1. R

I'd like to say something..

I’ve been thinking about what I was going to write in this for a few days so here goes nothing. Cork hurling has been in turmoil since 2002. Ok it was not obvious between ’03 & ’06 as our hurlers reached 4 Munster & 4 All Ireland Finals, winning 5 of those 8 games. However since these very...
  2. R

Just imagine....

..if the goys had won 45-44 in Australia, how the nation would celebrate. Anyone else thinking it would lead to a National Day of Celebration with the kiddies getting the day off school?
  3. R

The Official Cork Footballers Thread

Ok so things look a lot better than they did in the aftermath of the Limerick game. I wouldnt get carried away yet with regards winning the All Ireland but the player panel looks very healthy. Besides those who played last Sunday theres the likes of Miskella, Noelie & McMahon who didnt feature...
  4. R

While I've been away..

.. 3 weeks is a long time in sport so he's just a few opinions on a few topics rather than read every single thread. Still gutted after Cork losing on Sunday, but in all honesty I felt they blew their chance the 1st day. The marking in the last 5 mins of the drawn game was awful. Still there...
  5. R

GAA Referee's

Lads I'm probably getting a tad annoying to the rest of ye with regards to the workings of GAA officials at certain levels but I need to get this off my chest. Also this isn't a knee jerk reaction to the 'Semplegate' incident. Basically I've noticed a trend developing where referees (and...
  6. R

The Official Hurling Qualifiers thread

So it looks like Tom Kenny & Niall Mac will miss the 3 games in the group and Niall more than likely the 1/4 final too if Cork get there of course. McCarthy is probably a bigger loss as there seems to be more alternatives at midfield than centre forward. Heres the team I think will play (in...
  7. R

The Official Sunday Game Thread

Right time for one of these. This score of the day thing. What a joke. For me Mullane & Deane both scored points that were better than Dan's goal yesterday. Who decides these things? No point focussing on Pat the clown. Its a shame he's there really cos they have some excellent pundits for...
  8. R

The Official Cork Vs Waterford Thread

Ok so this game is still hard to call because of the unknown fate of the 'Semple 4'. If those players are unavailable this is the team I'd pick for the Waterford match. Nash Brian Murphy Cian O'C Shane O'Neill Tom Kenny Curran Kevin Hartnett Hero Jerry (if he's fit) Timmy Niall Mc Pa Cronin...
  9. R

Sky's 1000th live Premiership Game

Tonights game between Spurs & Blackburn helps Sky reach that milestone. Out of all the games ye've seen what has been the most memorable in ye're opinions? My personnal favourite is the Man. Utd v Arsenal match at Old Trafford that ended Arsenal's unbeaten run mainly because of the occasion of...
  10. R

Vintage Individual Sporting Performances..

..that were of top drawer quality. To be honest I thought of a certain Cork midfielder when his team needed him to be at his best and god he produced the goods. Step forward Shea Fahy for his display in the 1990 AI Final against Meath. 4 points from play & he never lowered himself to...
  11. R

Talk about building a fella up for a fall

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6566719.stm I've seen his races so far & I've been impressed but the McLaren's & Ferrari's are way ahead of everyone else so it would be a surprise if he wasn't up there at the front.
  12. R

Pot Calling The Kettle Black

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6356467.stm will this clown ever shut up? He was one of the poorest referee's during his time & anytime theres any controversy involving refs he has to have his say. Elleray was a poor enough ref but at least he kept himself out of public eye...
  13. R

Favourite sporting moments

Was just thinking about this earlier. Now the point of this is not to refer to moments involving teams we support such as in my case Man Utd or Cork GAA but just a moment or a performance of outstanding genius. If it can be kept WUM free it'd be great also but somehow I dont see that happening...