The Official Cork Footballers Thread

Ok so things look a lot better than they did in the aftermath of the Limerick game. I wouldnt get carried away yet with regards winning the All Ireland but the player panel looks very healthy. Besides those who played last Sunday theres the likes of Miskella, Noelie & McMahon who didnt feature. With everyone fit, CC has a nice problem on his hands.

This is my team for the 1/4 Final.

Quirke

Duggan
Kavanagh
K O'Connor

O'Regan
Canty
Lynch

O'Neill
Murphy

O'Brien
Gould
Donncha

Goulding
Cussen
Masters

Now I know I've left Ger Spillane out but I think that Canty could be more an influence out the field. Also with many teams employing 2 man full forward lines that could suit Kavanagh as well. Now you might say why not have Canty as the man roving with the loose player but I'd think the COrk team would be stronger this way in such an event.

McMahon isn't going to be fit for the 1/4 final I reckon so Gould gets the nod at centre forward. Think its time Pearse O'Neill becomes the main midfield man in this Cork team & I've always thought thats where he should be. Donncha is the most gifted footballer I believe in the Cork set up at the moment so putting him at wing forward gives him more licence to influence a game.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼