Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think it's a bit of both but mostly our poor starts or lulls in games. We often find ourselves 5 points or more down in games you highlighted above and desperately trying to claw it back against very strong sides.

I'm not convinced we freeze up seeing the finish line, I think we've pushed very hard to drag ourselves back into games. There's an argument for both povs I'd say.
I don't think they're opposing points of view though.

Just like putting the bullsh*tters back in their box ;)

No harm to you fellah, but you're dead wrong about Cork winning 1990 on a number of things. Now that's been established I think we can all move on 😎
It’s all published info from those in the dressing room. Now be a good doggy and find another bone… 😂

"After his shower Fitzy was in such shock in the corner just blankly watching everything unfold.. I"

As someone who's known JF well for many decades can I say I find that very hard to believe.

The man was as sharp as a tack and little if anything ever phased him. A lot of these guys already had medals in their pockets and even youngsters in the team like John and Mark Foley had Minor and U-21 medals at that stage.

The Cannon was given to emotive speeches fair enough, and Henessy did fancy himself as a bit of a comedian at times, but the notion that everyone was in some kind of panic or complete shock in the Cork dressing room at half time is risible.
John Fitz doesn't do shocked.

Only team for Sunday if everyone is right.

Collins
E Downey e Roche S o donoghue
G Millerick c Joyce R Downey
T o Connell m Coleman
Deccie fitzy seamie
Robbie Connolly Barrett

Hoggie, Kingston and jack o Connor are worth 20-30 mins
Do or fucking die championship hurling down the pairc Sunday
Into the basterds from the start

blue, give it a rest will ya, you’re as bad as that langer from Blackrock 🤣
We were haunted right through that campaign. Justin McCarthy scored a goal in the dying minutes against Clare in the first round to level it 3-8 apiece. In the replay, Cork ran riot and beat Clare 5-11 to 1-7. Munster semifinal against Limerick in Killarney, Limerick had a goal disallowed and we won 2-6 to 1-7. All Ireland final against Kilkenny, Seanie Barry taking a 21 yard free mishit it and Colm Sheehan netted the rebound. Same player scored a hat trick that day in a 3-9 to 1-10 win. Team had a strong Barrs team representation, Peter Doolan, Denis Murphy, Tony Connolly (ex Rockies) ,Gerald and Charlie McCarthy, but was our first all Ireland in 12 years, and won without Christy Ring. There was a drive to recall him for the final, but he declined as the county board vote wasn’t unanimous. Blackrock men John Bennett, Mick Waters, John O’ Halloran and Ger O’ Leary collected all Ireland medals that day.

We were haunted right through that campaign. Justin McCarthy scored a goal in the dying minutes against Clare in the first round to level it 3-8 apiece. In the replay, Cork ran riot and beat Clare 5-11 to 1-7. Munster semifinal against Limerick in Killarney, Limerick had a goal disallowed and we won 2-6 to 1-7. All Ireland final against Kilkenny, Seanie Barry taking a 21 yard free mishit it and Colm Sheehan netted the rebound. Same player scored a hat trick that day in a 3-9 to 1-10 win. Team had a strong Barrs team representation, Peter Doolan, Denis Murphy, Tony Connolly (ex Rockies) ,Gerald and Charlie McCarthy, but was our first all Ireland in 12 years, and won without Christy Ring. There was a drive to recall him for the final, but he declined as the county board vote wasn’t unanimous. Blackrock men John Bennett, Mick Waters, John O’ Halloran and Ger O’ Leary collected all Ireland medals that day.
We are slowly turning into Cavan.
All Cavan men can talk about is John Joe Rielly and past glories.We now as bad here.Ffs move on.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Hollyz
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

5th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

BoolaBoom

Levis Corner House, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼