Cork Footballers

Interesting and off course its only Club Leauge but the Kanturk Goalkeeper Ronan Cashman scored 2 45s and 3 longrange frees yesterday and Colin Walsh dual player scored 6 points i always believe hes a better footballer not this year now but would love to see him involved in the future .

Odds are against us but some year, the stars will align and we'll beat them down in Killarney!! I do not want to miss the few pints in the town afterwards when it does happen! I will not be humble or magnanimous in victory!!

If Foley is out injured, that's a huge loss for them. Full back line has been a weakness for them for a while now and he is the one top quality player they have there to paper over the cracks. Opportunity for likes of Hurley and Corbett if he's out.

I wouldn’t waste my money on heading down to Killarney. We’ll be robbed like every other year. The GAA can’t market a Cork v Dublin game in an All Ireland semi or final. I’d keep my money for a meal and a few pints in Cork.
That's the very reason to go (for me) - the best days I've had have been the wins when a win was least expected. Apart from that, the reasons I go are:
  • Show the players and management that they have support.
  • Show the ref and other match officials that the team has support, support which is expecting fair reffing.
  • Have a common experience with family members (create the memories).
  • Form my own opinion of how the game went based on what I personally witnessed (of course TV and analysts help too - but I see a lot more off the ball being there).
There are are a lot of matches and a lot of other things people have going on too, and various challenges - a lot of true supporters can't get to matches they would like to get to. But if you have the time and money for a meal and a few pints, and it's just between those and the match, then my recommendation would be to take that time and money down to Killarney, carry your hope with courage, and shout positively for Cork to the final whistle - even at worst case it'll be better than the meal and a few pints.

Odds are for sure against us Rebel CNC, 15/2, with 8 pts the handicap.

Probably justified on viewing Dublin v Meath last weekend where a top Division 1 team played a mid table Div 2 team.

We are not without hope based on the competitive game in the park last year and they wo nt be firing full tilt either. Foley if not "risked", gives them a headache as to whom to place on Corbett. If Morley goes to him then that offers an opportunity for Cork to attack the Kerry defence down the middle. It may also offer Cork something different at #11 if brave enough, to get a kicker there instead of Powter, i would like to see Brian Hurley or Mark Cronin there, both capable of shooting from distance and also kick passing from out the field, we will need to mix it up particularly in favorable conditions.

I am really interested in how mgt will approach this game. Best of luck to our lads and all involved. We will beat them in killarney at some point why not now.

Interesting and off course its only Club Leauge but the Kanturk Goalkeeper Ronan Cashman scored 2 45s and 3 longrange frees yesterday and Colin Walsh dual player scored 6 points i always believe hes a better footballer not this year now but would love to see him involved in the future .
Ya Fully agree on Colin walsh good footballer should be on the panel if he was asked in or wants to be.Cant comment on the keeper as havent seen the lad play.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Crash Test Dummies
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

1st Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼